Anime Discussion

88pathoffroad

Thanks sc88.. I kinda knew that sort of.. when I posted pics, I did it through my bf's comcast account.. seemed to work that way... geocities.. heard of that.. any good??? sssh

Or, you can just hit Browse next to "Attach file:" and add the picture straight from your computer... you can only have one pic per post that way but its a little easier than having to upload them somewhere first.

already have the Yahell account....hmmm.. I will have to investigate.... :type:

if you already have a yahoo account you just have to go over to geocities and select the free account (they have paid accounts with increased bandwidth and no ads but you don't need that for pictures).

BTW My favorite scenes in Akira 1 At the beginning when the the kid looks out from the back of a car all smiling then recoils in horror as the window gets covered in doggie brains. 2 When Tetsuo makes himself a cape.

"

"Ceramic double rotor two wheel drive... computer controlled anti-lock brakes... 12,000 RPMS" (111.3 HP, 83kW)

Looks nice, but I think I'd rather rock the house with one of these. :D

post-6-1112676548.jpg

Edited by Harbinger

Oh, Yeah Baby !!! Where do I get one of those 88 !!?? A bit low in the HP; that'll need to be beefed up, but I have the technology... 2 wheel drive would be very nice to try !

Slick, there is no such thing as TOO much aerodynamics. It is only aerodynamics, the more the better. Trust me as the owner of a 140HP motorcycle that was designed in a wind tunnel... 2001 Honda CBR1100, this one is not mine, but an easy pict of the exact bike. I have a few mods, and without the rear hard bags... :P:D -bounce- :bow:

B

post-6-1112747424.jpg

LOL, that is definitely sweet statikus !! Um, but then mine is street legal :P And I ride it everywhere, including touring states at a time :D And it was only 1/10-1/30 the cost :clap: And mine is probably almost as fast !! :bow:

BUT, if $ or common sense wasn't involved, YEAH BABY !!! Gimme the keys !!

B

I luv heavy metal... :rolleyes:

Heavy Metal is awesome, but the sequel was even better (Heavy Metal 2000 I think)

BS, the original HM was much better than the second.

Another good anime is Ghost in the Shell :aok:

Hmm this topic starts with "Unless anyone has any other ideas, will be getting JGC springs soon. Any good sources? Cost?" and is now a discussion of anime :huh:

And I'm to blame :P:takebow:

Anyway I'll keep this up, Heavy Metal (both the orginal and 2000) aren't technically anime they're all American. Ghost in the Shell is a great movie, the TV series (on cartoon networks adult swim) is also very good. I heard Ghost in the Shell 2 is good, but that the DVD is horrid, the subtitles are hearing impared subtitles (adds things like *helicoptor roters* and things like that). More great animes:

Ninja Scroll- super violent, fairly good plot, and great english dub.

Spriggan- super violent, fun to watch, plot is lacking and has holes miles wide, good english dub

Jin Roh- some very violent moments but the really shines for it's plot, great english dub, can be hard to watch

Miami Guns- hilarious series many episodes have put me in tears, a HORRID dub it is unwatchable in english the dub is that bad.

Phew I'v got more but I'm bored with this whole typing thing. :type:

Roll with it....

I know HM isn't Japanese Animation, but an as close as the Americans have got ;)

I have all the Ghost stuff on DVD, the best parts of the series aren't on the Adult Swim (the intermition animations). Another good series is Hellsing.

You beat me to moving this discussion 88!

Anyway I concur Hellsing is awesome. It is being shown on Encore Action (channel 532 on DirecTV satelite) Fridays at 12AM EST or 9PM here on the west coast. Encore gets some good movies and series, and they don't edit! G4-TechTV also has anime at 1AM (eastern). Right now they are showing R.O.D. The TV, they edit but not as bad as Cartoon Net. Instead of cutting out scenes with nuddity they mearly pixelate the nudity, much better than cutting up the show.

First time I saw Heavy Metal I was still just a cartoon watching kid... So it was like the god of all cartoons... Me and a couple of my friends even took the VCR over to another friends house that also had a VCR so we could make copies for ourselves and return the tape to the rental place... I bet I've seen that movie 1 or 2 hundred times over the last decade... That and "THE WALL"...

"I know how to drive when I'm stoned"

Yeah, G4 always has different animes on, watched part of Last Exile on there. One thing I'm pissed about, I started buying a series called Gasuraki, now I can't find it anywhere and only have 2 of the series. It's pretty good from what I have seen, just wish I could find the rest of it.