Will 33’s fit on a 2.5inch lifted r50?

Jbaird313

Wanna make clearance with 33’s hoping I won’t have to do any metal body trimming. Is that possible? Still using 15inch rims/wheels. Current tire size is 265/70/R15 uses a 2.5inch strut spacer to lift it.

Edited by Jbaird313
  • Like 1

You should be able to but you will definitely need to run spacers to clear the strut tower and frame. I have been getting ready to do the same thing.

Wanna make clearance with 33’s hoping I won’t have to do any metal body trimming. Is that possible? Still using 15inch rims/wheels. Current tire size is 265/70/R15 uses a 2.5inch strut spacer to lift it.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

34 minutes ago, Smallpathy said:

You should be able to but you will definitely need to run spacers to clear the strut tower and frame. I have been getting ready to do the same thing.

Are you worried about any issues the wheel spacers may cause 

I run 2.5 inch spacers on mine just make sure they are good quality, follow directions, and check them to make sure they are tight when you change your oil and other routine maintenance.

Are you worried about any issues the wheel spacers may cause 

For about $50 a piece (so cheaper than the average quality wheel spacers) you could get 15" wheels of the proper specs.  I had great luck with ProComp PCW51-5883.  To run 33's, you're going to have to do some serious trimming.  A handful of people have done it on 2" lifts, and it really does require butchering the body panels.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, mjotrainbrain said:

For about $50 a piece (so cheaper than the average quality wheel spacers) you could get 15" wheels of the proper specs.  I had great luck with ProComp PCW51-5883.  To run 33's, you're going to have to do some serious trimming.  A handful of people have done it on 2" lifts, and it really does require butchering the body panels.

You think I’ll have to trim the metal body at all ? Or just the plastic going under neath the wheel wells, I planned on removing fender flares as well and mud flaps.

275 75 16s fit on stock wheels with high-quality hub centered 1" wheel spacers with little issue.  These tires are a tad bigger than 32" tires and only required a small inside front bumper trim and removing front mudflaps

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, system_f said:

275 75 16s fit on stock wheels with high-quality hub centered 1" wheel spacers with little issue.  These tires are a tad bigger than 32" tires and only required a small inside front bumper trim and removing front mudflaps

Are those available in 15’s ? Cause that’s what I’m currently running

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

First off, haven’t been on here in a looong time. I picked up a C4 corvette this past summer and that has turned into the project that sucks all my time lately. Still have the R50 though. I’m running 285/75/16 mud terrains which works out to about 33x11.5 with approximately 2.5 to 3 inches of lift. There is just no way you will get 33 or larger tires on that size of lift without cutting into the metal. Personally, I took a lot of time with the trimming on mine so I feel it looks pretty clean and would not be noticeable by anyone unless you have another R50 to compare it to, but it definitely took a lot more trimming than I originally expected. I was also unwilling to accept any rub at all at full lock, so I probably cut a bit more than some who are okay with just “good enough”. That said, if your not shy about cutting I think it’s well worth it. I love the final result of the 33’s with a relatively small amount of lift. 

• Like 4

• 4 months later...
On 11/22/2018 at 7:31 PM, Bax03SE said:

First off, haven’t been on here in a looong time. I picked up a C4 corvette this past summer and that has turned into the project that sucks all my time lately. Still have the R50 though. I’m running 285/75/16 mud terrains which works out to about 33x11.5 with approximately 2.5 to 3 inches of lift. There is just no way you will get 33 or larger tires on that size of lift without cutting into the metal. Personally, I took a lot of time with the trimming on mine so I feel it looks pretty clean and would not be noticeable by anyone unless you have another R50 to compare it to, but it definitely took a lot more trimming than I originally expected. I was also unwilling to accept any rub at all at full lock, so I probably cut a bit more than some who are okay with just “good enough”. That said, if your not shy about cutting I think it’s well worth it. I love the final result of the 33’s with a relatively small amount of lift. 

would you mind posting pictures of what you've cut?

• Like 1