Upper trailing arm bushings

Smallpathy

I say. Pull them all and take em to a shop to press them out.. and press in the new ones? Witch ones did you get? I have done this 3 times allready because sub par parts.

Are you new ones 2 piece?

I did use whitline on this last time I hopefully have todo it. The ones speced on Rockauto are complete crap.

Cutting burning is really ****** nasty.

Burn out rubber..

Then cut the outter shell with a die grinder peel and pull out

Even with a press, it’s a hassle because you need a very specific die size and the tube doesn’t have much meat to it either.  Just getting the things in a vise can be a pain. 

I drill a bunch of holes in the rubber, enough to weaken the connection to the inner sleeve.  Then wood dowel or other drift and sledge to pop the inner sleeve out.  Then reciprocating saw to surgically cut a slit in outer sleeve.  Finally, hammer and punch on the edge of the sleeve to push it through. 

It’s a crappy job no matter how you dice it, but after you do the first, the rest are cake. 

• Like 2

I would look at the arm kits. Picked one up for about 80$ more than just the bushings and it is well worth the time saved. Did the burn/cut for all my bushings in my gtr and cant say i would ever want to do it again. Dont know about the longevity yet but hopefully its good!

I just did this recently, getting the bushings out is easy if you just use a sawzall and punch the blade through the rubber and just get as much rubber out as you can so it's just the outer ring of the bushing, and then use that sawzall and cut the bushing inside out so it's weak enough to hammer it out with a sharp flat head punch. But putting new bushings in.. Do yourself a huge favor and take it to a shop or anyone that has a press, they shouldn't charge you much at all if you walk in with the arm and bushings in hand. I did one arm with an extra set of hands, a socket and a hammer and whew, I got one arm done but it didn't exactly look pretty. 

If you’re replacing OE bushings with OE-style replacements, just buy new links. Only go through the process of cutting them out if you’re replacing them with poly bushings, and go for the 2-piece bushings for a little more simplicity.

• Like 3

As others have posted, cut out the rubber bushing. You can use a drill and then wire saw to cut out the bushing, then a sawmill to cut a slit all the way through the outer sleeve, but not through the whole outer metal tube. If you have an air compressor and an air chisel, it's faster than using a hammer and punch.

• Like 1