So I haven't seen much in the light of swapping in a Toyota 4.0L V8 1UZFE VVTI into our R50s and so I went ahead and did a metric fskcton of research about both the VQ35DE VVTI and the 1UZFE VVTI, to get dimensions and measurements for both engines and their mounting positions. This made the process way easier after finding and buying said Toyota engine locally for $200us and so far it looks like the motor mounts for the engine as almost identical and in the damn near same locations with the distance of both engines keeping the same space from the back of the engines to the firewall the same. But obviously the only way the v8 would fit without issue is to delete the clutch fan and installing dual electric fans on the radiator (which I wanted to do anyway) which isn't a big deal anyway BUT the two radiators are pretty different which is fine because A I could either adapter some coolant hoses or B find a radiator that would work with the space of the pathfinder radiator space (I haven't done much in the way of measurements or research on this) or C have a custom built aluminum performance radiator (too expensive probably) which would be nice but ideally not what I'd want to do since my truck build is budget minded for the most part. Another nice thing is that XAT makes a bell housing adapter plate to run the SR/KA 5 speed transmissions but I have also found out the the older KA24E 5 speed 4x4 transmissions might work perfectly with their adapters but I don't know what the towing capability would be with those transmissions (since I do tow with this truck) as I can't find any info on that. So my first question is for you manual transmission off roaders out there is, how is it out on the trails with a manual trans, because mine is an auto and so far I love it for off road but this 4 speed trans isn't great for highway driving because it just drags down the fuel economy hence the idea/plan for the manual/engine swap. 

• Like 1