Still shopping but saying hello from the Northwest

pndubisk

Hello all. I'm in the market for an R50 pathy or Qx4 with the VQ35 and this looks like the place to be online. I'm not in any rush to buy but picking something up in the next couple months would be good. This rig is going to be my camping/hiking/fire-road people and gear mover. Off road ability is needed but only to get through bad fire roads or some mud, no wheeling is in my future. I want a comfortable ride I can be in for 3-10hr before we hop out and hike the next 2-4 days. I'm also looking at the 96-00 4runners but this article has me much more interested in the r50.

https://oppositelock.kinja.com/head-to-head-3rd-gen-4runner-vs-r50-pathfinder-1796303147

I've also ruled out the Cherokee of the same era. They maybe for capable off road but damn they are rough and over priced, the cheap 4x4 days are over in that market.

So I have a bunch of questions, I'll make a new thread in the R50 section.

Thanks. Been gathering my info and wrapping up my house, got listed today, finally!

There are a few options out there, I'll admit I'm getting a little itchy for a new rig... Lol