Bumper Kit

dustinp

Hello, a lot of you may have already seen this but I designed a fold and weld bumper kit. There are still some little adjustments that need to be addressed and I won't be able to test it with a winch for quite some time. Anyway, I wanted to see if there was any interest in the kit being sold, the price would likely be near the $500 mark.

Side Note: It has been quite some time since I have been on here. The new layout is much more user-friendly, so props to those of you that worked to make that happen.

20180903_174946_zpsk5vxef5t.jpg 

20180905_193346_zpscdxnlkor.jpg

20180905_193359_zpsp20ijcbc.jpg

• Like 11

Thanks, I was unsure how much room to leave. Selling the dxf file would save everyone a little bit of dough but having no way to protect the file after it is sold is a concern of mine. As of right now I'm leaning towards selling the kits.

1 hour ago, dustinp said:

Thanks, I was unsure how much room to leave. Selling the dxf file would save everyone a little bit of dough but having no way to protect the file after it is sold is a concern of mine. As of right now I'm leaning towards selling the kits.

Especially for bumpers, there's a lot of additional time and labor involved to make it worth it for you.

Isn't that the truth. I don't think I would ever make a living off anything like this. It is just enjoyable to me. Eventually I would love to own a CNC Plasma Table or Water Jet.

34 minutes ago, dustinp said:

Isn't that the truth. I don't think I would ever make a living off anything like this. It is just enjoyable to me. Eventually I would love to own a CNC Plasma Table or Water Jet.

Exactly, same boat here...though I did buy a plasma table, lol. 

1 hour ago, dustinp said:

No kidding?! Is it a PlasmaCAM? I am very jealous.

Langmuir Systems CrossFire.  They conveniently popped up right around the time when I was having frustrations with local shops.  They did a pre-order sale in March, paid $1K shipped with water tray.  They'll start selling at retail price ($1495) later this year.  The cutting area isn't huge (25" x 23") but I'm holding hope that they follow through on an expansion kit.  It's a low frills unit, but was significantly cheaper than other available tables of similar cutting size.  It's already come in handy for some brackets and gussets.

• Like 1

Yeah, I wasn’t about to pass it up. The pre-order was a frenzy...they sold out of the first batch at $795 within a minute or two. I luckily got in on that before it jumped to $895. 

Got an Everlast PowerPlasma 50s. Langmuir has tutorials for using Autodesk Fusion 360 for the CAD and CAM, and Mach3 as the g-code sender. I’m not a fan of either, but am still learning. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...