Help me out with your knowledge of axles

Charlie_Brown

I'm looking into axles yo start my eventual sas of my truck and have started thinking of a 78-79 ford hp dana 60 or possibly a later year. Anyone know about these axles and what year has the correct side drop? I'll be honest I just started looking I to the idea so I've not had much time at all to research (I'll do it tomorrow) but figured I'd ask others with more knowledge than I while I'm at it.

I have a high pinion 44 out of a 77 if your interested. Free to good home. I don't know how it would get to you. 

Edit: I have lots of info on 44 but nothing on 60, so I can't help. 

Edited by Citron
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Citron said:

I have a high pinion 44 out of a 77 if your interested. Free to good home. I don't know how it would get to you. 

Edit: I have lots of info on 44 but nothing on 60, so I can't help. 

That's an offer I cant pass up. Might be time to make a road trip up to Washington lol. 

1 hour ago, mechanic58 said:

If you're just running a stock or near stock Nissan powerplant there would be no need to use a 60. Those are dumptruck parts. A Dana 44 is more than sufficient for this application. 

Currently sitting on vg33e 5 speed manual and planning on getting something along 5.30 gears or something. Have not gotten that far into ideas yet but I just like the idea of 14 bolts or dana 60s for the simple fact that there is room for expansion up to 40s. You never know what you want in the future you know?

Plus the flirtatious idea of a doubler tcase for low low.

I'm not sold on 60s, just found a good deal on one and came across a thread on another guy that did 4 link rear and three link front on 79 ford Dana 60s which was a sweet rig and a different axle to look up on CL.