Front suspension lift

Hey everyone, I want to lift my pathy's front end and I am thinking of buying these control arms from http://www.4x4parts.com. The website states that it can lift my front end from 2.5" to 3" of lift, but my question was, will this lift include me cranking the torsion bars or will these parts help me get the lift with out cranking them? This is a where the pic of the parts are at:

http://www.4x4parts.com/public_html/shop/i...645e8453218c2ff

Any input will be greatly appreciated!!!

hey snake, youll still have to crank your torsion bars the UCA's only adjust for proper ball joint angles and allow u to lift without hitting your bump stop (I only know this because I asked the same question about 2 weeks ago). also from my research here I think those are Automotive Customizer UCA's which are not preferred by most people here, apparently from a money standpoint Superlift UCA's are the way to go, do a search here for superlift UCA's and youll find the part number, hope this helps and good luck

If I'm not mistakin 4x4parts.com is a BAD place to do business... I believe 88 posted a tread about the sh!t that goes on over there... Just bad customer service would acceptible by some people, but from what I've read these people are just criminals...

Superlift #6065.

These guys sell them for about $235. They were the cheapest I found when I was looking. The kit they're listing is for a Hardbody which includes rear shackles for the leaf springs. Tell 'em you only need the A-arms and bushings (#6065) and the price comes down.

You don't say if you are doing the back as well. Just lifting the front will give you a very nose up ride I would have thought. Longer Springs and shockies at the back at the same time will bring it back to an even keel. Lots of info here about rear end lifts.

You don't say if you are doing the back as well. Just lifting the front will give you a very nose up ride I would have thought. Longer Springs and shockies at the back at the same time will bring it back to an even keel. Lots of info here about rear end lifts.

Well, I do want to lift the back end of my pathy, but I found out thru the forum that you can lift the back by adapting jgc springs, that's what I want to do. From what i read you can get a 3" lift in the back, but I want to have a 4-5" lift in the front though, and since I'm on a budget then I need to save the most money I can for lifting my pathy!!!

Superlift #6065.

These guys sell them for about $235. They were the cheapest I found when I was looking. The kit they're listing is for a Hardbody which includes rear shackles for the leaf springs. Tell 'em you only need the A-arms and bushings (#6065) and the price comes down.

Thanks for the info!

Well, I do want to lift the back end of my pathy, but I found out thru the forum that you can lift the back by adapting jgc springs, that's what I want to do. From what i read you can get a 3" lift in the back, but I want to have a 4-5" lift in the front though, and since I'm on a budget then I need to save the most money I can for lifting my pathy!!!

with the UCAs you can get 3-3.5 inches of lift in the front, or less if you crank the tbars less.

youcant gwet any more than that really cause there just isn;t room to droop, never mind that the cv joints and tie rods cant handle it.

why do you want to lift the front so much, and not the back?

you may want to consider replacing your old torsion bars too, they could be sagging causeing you ride to be way low in the front.

CALMINI.com is a good place to look for some really nice kits, but they are $$$. but worth it from what I hear.

if you need more than 3" of lift, than your only real option is to do a combo body suspension lift. thats what I have done ad have about 6" of lift all around.

I went with the 3" kit from 4x4parts.com, and have not been impressed with the front UCAs. the torsion bars are nice, and they were cheaper than calmini, and the rear springs were nice too. I want to change out the UCAs with the superlift ones, but cant justify spending the money again. :furious:

if I were to do it again I would go with the calmini kit, but it wasn't available when I did my lift. dont forget to budget for new, longer, shocks when you are pricing out a lift. using your old ones will not give you enough droop.

good luck

I went with the 3" kit from 4x4parts.com, and have not been impressed with the front UCAs. the torsion bars are nice, and they were cheaper than calmini, and the rear springs were nice too. I want to change out the UCAs with the superlift ones, but cant justify spending the money again

Hey oilman,

I was thinking about getting some Superlift UCA's but managed to find a pair of used AC UCA's for pretty cheap, so I bought'em. Probably gonna install them in the next couple weeks.

Just wondering what i have to look forward to :blink: What makes the AC UCA's crap? have they bent or didn't fit on installation?

Their purpose seems so straight forward I'm not sure how they can mess up after being installed correctly.

Thanks for any info/warnings! ;)

with the UCAs you can get 3-3.5 inches of lift in the front, or less if you crank the tbars less.

youcant gwet any more than that really cause there just isn;t room to droop, never mind that the cv joints and tie rods cant handle it.

why do you want to lift the front so much, and not the back?

you may want to consider replacing your old torsion bars too, they could be sagging causeing you ride to be way low in the front.

CALMINI.com is a good place to look for some really nice kits, but they are $$$. but worth it from what I hear.

if you need more than 3" of lift, than your only real option is to do a combo body suspension lift. thats what I have done ad have about 6" of lift all around.

I went with the 3" kit from 4x4parts.com, and have not been impressed with the front UCAs. the torsion bars are nice, and they were cheaper than calmini, and the rear springs were nice too. I want to change out the UCAs with the superlift ones, but cant justify spending the money again. :furious:

if I were to do it again I would go with the calmini kit, but it wasn't available when I did my lift. dont forget to budget for new, longer, shocks when you are pricing out a lift. using your old ones will not give you enough droop.

good luck

Thanks for the inof oil man! Well, I guess if all the lift I can get in the front is going to be about 3 inches, then I think it'll be fine. The reason why I don't want to lif the back so much is that, not to offend anyone who has their pathy lifted this way, but i just don't like how it looks. The style around here in Arizona is to lif the front a little bit higher in the front than in the back and I think my pathy will look good that way, but if I can get 3.5" lift in the front with my torsion bars, than I think that'll be cool.

They don't fit right, the build quality sucks, and they do NOT correct the balljoint angles like they say they do. Compare 'em to your stock arms, you'll see.

I see what you're saying 88, but when the next best UCA's (SUperlift) are

$350 CDN (not including the insane shipping to Canada) I'll stick it out with AC for a while. I only paid $120 for them so i'll run them for a few years before upgrading.

:beer:

Hey solid snake, I believe the nose up look you are talking about is the desert racer stance, which makes sense in arizona... I think it helps with steering, jumping and sudden NASTY suprises while keeping the CG low to minimize rollover tendencies that can occur at speed in the loose stuff. If you look closely at a desert vehicle, you will see that they have very beefy front ends and skid plates all the way back...

B

Guest 91Pathfinder

What do you all think of calmini's UCA's? they seem pretty good. Expensive, but i bet they are worth it. Also I am thinking that calmini's 3" kit would be stackable with the trailmaster 4" kit, which I am now convinced I will not be ordering from 4x4parts.com, but try to find it someplace else. any comments?

I have my heart set on the Calmini lift for the front of my Pathy (to go with teh JGC's in the rear)... now all I have to do is go rob a bank and get them.. I HATE being poor :(

Ive always thought of Calmini as top of the line when it came to their lifts and steering kit but what about stuff like their torsions or struts? Are they any good?

Im going to be doing some mild suspension lifting in the near future and will be using a lot of Calmini stuff, but I havent really heard/read much about their struts and torsions or anything else besides the lift gear.

I ordered the 3" lift kit for my 95. I talked to CALMINI yesterday and it is supposed to be delivered today! -bounce-

I will be installing it this weekend. I am interested to see how their shocks and torsion bars ride. This is the most mechanical work I have done on my pathy at any one time so we'll see how it goes.

I'll post up my experience when I'm done.