New here, just bought a 97 Pathfinder 4x4

Raafi

Hello all,

Says I have to post a first. I am 60yrs old just bought a 97 in completely stock in good condition 

I have to change brakes, clutch & shocks.

I was wondering where to get a new OEM clutch assembly (other than the local Nissan dealer)?

The front tires are 235/70/15 rears are 31/10.15 (How bad is that's combo?) Tires are like new and I'd hate to get rid of either set

I just put 500/5000lb hitch

I don't plan on doing too much offroading except what's needed around the property.

I'd also like to get as much HP out of it for highway driving without doing major engine work 

Edited by Raafi
Missed shocks

:welcome:

Tire mismatch isn't great for the transfer case when you're in 4x. If you're not doing much wheeling, you could probably sell or trade the 31s to someone who does and get a matched set that way.

You might try factorynissanparts.com or courtesyparts.com if you're set on OEM, though aftermarket would probably be cheaper and easier to find.

Guys putting VG33s into WD21s often swap the 3.0 cams into the 3.3 for a little more grunt. Aftermarket cams are also available.

Also check if the timing belt's been done!

• Like 1

Thanks Slartibartfast

I'm thinking of keeping the 31s. I was told 31s should fit in front w/o any rubbing issues

I read here that the OEM clutch is best

Should I just get any ol` Gabriel or Monroe shocks? I do planing occasional towing. Not too far. Not too heavy

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Should I just get any ol` Gabriel or Monroe shocks? I do planing occasional towing. Not too far. Not too heavy

KYBs are well regarded & should be reasonably priced. You might end up wanting AirLift 1000s for the rear if you do a fair amount of towing easy install &

• Like 1