TRE 202 airlocker for R50

mtnboy

So I've ordered a locker from TRE4x4.com, it took about a week and a half to get to me in NZ. The ordering is through their region rep, the service is great, but unless you know of someone else who has bought one then it could be a little nerving doing the paypal transaction

The details

Front Locker, part TR 202, I also got their compressor as well as I wasn't sure how the locker gets the right amount of air. 

The locker comes with a fee stickers and a manual for the locker and compressor wiring as well. I'm waiting for the weekend for a mate to help me install (has a TRE locker in his Suzuki himself). 

Photos are a bit of a mission on here, but will try post some up. 

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry for the slow update, locker was installed as saod above, took about an hour with a rattle gun. Just had one issue with the locker not having a thread inside the centre for the axle shaft to tighten to. A threaded spider gear is on its way and should solve the issue. Jenny from TRE has fantastic customer service, very responsive and makes little glitches or trouble shooting stress free. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thread arrived, had to open up the centre of the locker which wasn't as complicated as I thought. The bit was slightly too thick and locked up the gears because it was touching. A quick grind down and it's sorted. The threaded piece just taps onto the end of the spline on the axle shaft side gear.It's all bolted up, just need the battery to charge to test it :D. Again i'll try somehow post photos on here, but the size limit makes it pretty tough.

I emailed the company you referenced above and they quoted me $635 usd total for h233b axle. This price includes the locker, compressor, and shipping. I am very tempted. Please report back with a review of the locker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

Apologies, a couple complications. Not at all to do with locker other than talked about and resolved above. Been busy and to add to this project I'm fitting, 33's, had my steering rack rebuilt, winch (so making mount up) alternator service. Intercooler had to move, tried making a braket to hang sway bar on (to no luck). Drove it a couple times and had to take apart again as stupidly didn't replace axle oil seal while at it and it started to leak.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Axle seal replaces, shims or spacers adjusted to make best contact patch (tested with grease) put together. Goes! Drove it up a steep firebreak last weekend and drove it yesterday on a rutty/rocky trail. Was only on my ATS. Where my LSD did't quite push me through, the locker got me up a couple cross axle sections without even needing to roll back and attempt the approach again. A couple real steep stuff I tried to just crawl up but was slippery smooth soft rock, so I ended up just leaving a little rubber mark  and backing out.

http://s1082.photobucket.com/user/mtnboy/library/R50 Diesel Front Diff/TR202 Air Locker