Where to purchase torsion bars and strut rods?

Bdoe

I need to find reasonable prices torsion bars and stut rods (compression rods) I already have the moog bushings.  Also I need 2 1/2” lift in front and rear can this be achieved by wrenching torsion bars and using regular oem non adjustable shocks or do I need rancho lift shocks and rear spacers and shocks??? Thank you

I put some Calmini torsion rods on my 93 and they worked great with stock everything else and at stock lift. If you want a lift than I would recommend new shocks, torsion rods, upper control arm, etc. (For the front). You can raise the front with these torsion rods on other stock components but it might wear them quicker and it will mess up your camber, wearing your tires unevenly.

http://www.calmini.com

Calmini will sell the parts individually or as a kit, but I don't think they sell compression rods. I would probably visit a junk yard for these and just make sure the other front end components on the donor appear to be in good shape (no major accidents).

Not sure if Compression Rods (not to be confused Torsion Bars) are available aftermarket, I have personally never seen any. I got my replacements from a wrecking yard. If yours need replaced then odds are pretty good that it's because the bushing cups are damaged and you will need to fix that or it will just destroy the new rods you install.

5th Bolded line in first post

Front shock length does not change with T-Bar lift on WD21's.

Also consider Superlift/Rough Country UCA's, they are less expensive than Calmini and other than a single bad production run years ago (which they more than willingly corrected for buyers), there seems to be less debate about the fit and quality.

• Like 1