Free Lift Kit for your R51 - SFCreation

fleurys

On ‎12‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 10:23 AM, fleurys said:

As far as I know, the R51 has adjustable camber bolts... but then again I was told that maybe only the 2005 has them. I would need others to confirm or not this statement. in Any case, I believe Nissan does sell adjustable camber bolts if you need them.  Since It is a fairly new product for me, I do not have enough post sale feedback as to the questions you are asking.  Maybe ksar could answer some of them...send him a pm..

I will post more answers as I get them.

Cheers.

S.

I used fleurys spacers on my old R50. He makes excellent products. I currently have 2, 2005 R51's. I'm also in the parts dept at a Nissan dealer. The camber bolts are adjustable for all R51's except 0407-0708. Use part number 54580-7S000. I plan on installing them on my R51 soon.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DDR26 said:

I used fleurys spacers on my old R50. He makes excellent products. I currently have 2, 2005 R51's. I'm also in the parts dept at a Nissan dealer. The camber bolts are adjustable for all R51's except 0407-0708. Use part number 54580-7S000. I plan on installing them on my R51 soon.

Excellent. Thank you for the precision... just to be sure I undertsand.. You mean any R51 manufactured from april 2007 to july 2008 don't have them ?? is that right or am i not understanding what you meant ?

Tks.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

March and still going strong.  I haven't swapped my fronts from the old design to the new design but will do so when the weather turns good.  Not an issue for daily driver and light conditions but at full flex and load, the bolts could strip out of the spacer (old style only).  I discussed this with Steve and he redesigned the front spacers to correct that issue before placing the kits for sale so you won't have to worry about my issue.  As an engineer, I reviewed his solution and approve of it so even though I have not run the new design for the front, I am very confident that they will work fine.

• Thanks 2

• 1 month later...

For the camber bolt question on the R51, Nissan did the same thing as with the Frontier. They simply put regular bolts in the lower control arms but if camber and caster required adjusting, the bolts are simply replaced with adjuster bolts. They are available from the dealer and aftermarket. In the rear, they all have camber and toe adjusters, but they tend to seize in the control arm bushings after a couple of years unless they get greased before installing. The front suspension is the same as the Frontier, and the rear is a slightly smaller version of the Armada,as is the whole truck.

• 1 month later...

Has anybody determined what size tires can be run with the 2.5" kit? I'm strongly considering the purchase of a R51 and would like to go with 285's. I also happen to be eyeballing a 2014 Xterra Pro4x, which I know I can do what I want with, but I'd rather have the 3rd row option since the kids continue to grow...