Looking for info on compatible sunroof and doors for a first generation two door pathfinder

Backpacker

My moon roof glass broke and I need a replacement for my 1989 pathfinder before the monsoon season starts. I'd also like to pick up a spare set of doors to modify into half doors. Although there are a ton of wd21's in scrap yards around me, none of tem are two door pathfinders. I've seen some pathfinders with the removable sun roofs (don't remember what generation) but they looked like they were larger.

Are there any wd21's or d21's with the same size sunroof?

Are there any pathfinder or pickup doors that are the same size as the 86'-89 pathy's? Thought I read somewhere that the tw doors had longer doors than the 4 doors.

Can't speak to sunroof sizes, but afaik all D21 and WD21 front doors are the same size no matter the year or how may overall doors it has. Meaning that you should be able to use doors from any First Generation (86.5-95) Pathfinder or any year Hardbody (86.5-97). This has come up from time to time over the years and I can't remember any one ever finding otherwise.

If your in doubt then my advise would be to measure the length of one of your doors and bring the tape measure with you to the wrecking yard. :aok:

When Nissan converted the Pathfinder to a 4dr they literally just squeezed a couple extra doors into the existing body. Same went for Toyota with the 4Runner. Both did it in '90, compliments of the Chicken tax.

Edit: I've done some searching here on NPORA and everything I found... including some of my own posts... say that they are the same between models and years. I also looked up front doors glass from various suppliers, and the part numbers have been the same.

Edited by RedPath88
  • Like 2

My moon roof glass broke and I need a replacement for my 1989 pathfinder before the monsoon season starts. I'd also like to pick up a spare set of doors to modify into half doors. Although there are a ton of wd21's in scrap yards around me, none of tem are two door pathfinders. I've seen some pathfinders with the removable sun roofs (don't remember what generation) but they looked like they were larger.

Are there any wd21's or d21's with the same size sunroof?

Are there any pathfinder or pickup doors that are the same size as the 86'-89 pathy's? Thought I read somewhere that the tw doors had longer doors than the 4 doors.

Thanks Red, I'll make sure to post when I make the doors.

As stated by Red,wd21/d21 doors interchange, just have to change over the wiring harness for power options since they cosmetically changed the door panels and different switch layouts (not really an issue if your making 1/2 doors).

As for the sunroof, 1st gen Frontiers and Xterras may be an option as I believe the shade for an Xterra fits a wd21 sunroof (not really a great way to judge) and I know I personally had the glass gasket and latch from a Frontier on mine. Not sure on the glass itself though

I can confirm (from personal experience) that first gen Xterra sunroofs are a direct replacement for the WD21 sunroof. That's what I'm running in my rig, since the weather stripping on the original completely deteriorated. The connectors for the sunshade are different than the original WD21 (screw-in versus a cam connector), so grab the shade if you can find one.