Rock sliders

Only option I know of that you can buy is Rocky Road, and they're pretty expensive. When I do mine I'm probably going to have them custom made (local shop will run about $200), however I do have concerns about strength, since if you don't tie it into the pinch seam like the RR ones do it seems that you could bend the floor on a hard slide. Perhaps somebody who has made/bought/abused some can chime in.

-Matthew

Also interested to hear people’s input on this as the RR ones are especially expensive if you live in Canada

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also interested to hear peoples input on this as the RR ones are especially expensive if you live in Canada

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yet another reason not to live in Canada.

When RRO finally updated to kick outs & had a shipping sale I gave in & ordered a set. They are sitting in their box in my garage right now. I’ve had a deep dive into the Toyota 4Runner world while I outfit my Mom’s new truck & it is unbelievable the variety you can get for that truck (seriously like 20 manufacturers). RROs prices are unfortunately not out of line with what Toyota fabricators are charging so I don’t expect them to go down.

TownDawgR50 has a set he made but hasn’t fashioned mounts for yet. He has an excellent grasp of metal & fabrication so I think his insights when he fashions mounts will be invaluable.

While at Overland Expo West I met up with hawairish & we climbed under his rig to look at how the RRI Super Sliders his truck came with were attached. He had some salient points that I imagine he’ll pass on to TownDawg & I’m hoping (but not really hopeful) that it’s weak points will have been addressed on my pair. One of hawairish‘ key points was that he thinks it would have been well advised to use the OEM running board mount sites & a better support of the pinch weld would have been advisable as his has been deformed a bit with use-primarily from the rear of the bar flexing up into the truck & causing some deformation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 3