Code 1441

I have had this 1441 code keep showing up on my 97 pathfinder no matter what I try. So far I have spent about 6 months and hundreds of dollars trying to get rid of that "service engine soon" light. The code translates to a small evap leak. So far I have replaced the following.

1. Evap canister

2. Evap canister vent valve

3. OEM gas cap

4. Bypass cut valve

5. Bypass cut valve relay and associated hoses

6. Purge volume control valve.

7. Fuel tank pressure sensor

8. Blew out all evap hoses front to back.

9. Replaced All evap hoses that I can reach, both under the car and under the hood.

I even took it to my local Nissan stealership who said they could not find anything, yet still charged me for a diagnosis. They even said they did a smoke test and found nothing. I highly doubt they ever did that test. After extensive searches on the web, some have said there is a slight chance that the gas tank could be leaking around the sending unit past an O-ring, but I never smell any gas vapors inside the car so I highly doubt that. I have also heard that my ECM could need to be re-programmed, but I do not know how to do that, and since the last fiasco, I do not trust my Nissan service center. I could try getting a used ECM from a junk yard, but I am not sure what year(s) or exact part would fit mine. I have pretty much decided to give up and live with it since we do not have emission tests here. If anyone has any insights please let me know. I hate it when a problem like this beats me. I feel I did put forth a good fight though.

• Like 1

Is your ]s equipped with EGR valve? I had my qx give me the same code, I cleaned out the egr solenoid and tube and the light went out after reset

• 3 weeks later...

Mine was a small leak in the vacume lines Looks like a octopus. Under the air box.

Replace all the vacums lines

Blow out Charcole line.

Replace Evap can if bad. Check purge valves.

My box failed and sent charcoal all the way to he engine bay and clogged the control valve.

But that didn’t stop the codes still I resolved the vacume leak.

Witch was on the map sensor. Just. A hairline crack.

Spent 100$$ for a shop that couldn’t find or so jack @!*%.

Do it your self.

Thanks Mattmil91, Spent all day replacing all of those vacuum lines, cleared the code, but it came right back on the next start up. This code 1441 is a true PIA. I have spent months and hundreds of dollars and still cannot find the cause. I think I have to just give up. I wish the nissan stealership had a clue, because they may be the only ones that might have the tools to figure this out. Unfortunately after my last encounter, I simply cannot trust them.

If it’s coming up at start up check the sensors them selves.

Mine would wait 100 miles of driving then pop. Talk about frustrating..

Sounds like somthing maybe bad VS a leak. Would have to look up the ECMs logic. And see what would cause the CEL first thing.