L&P Steering System Installed!

88pathoffroad

I finally had the time and fair weather enough to get my L&P steering system installed. I'll let the pics do the rest of the talking on this one. ;)

LPCL1.jpg

LPCL2.jpg

LPCL3.jpg

Boy, does it steer easily now. I like it! I'm going to run it with the steering stabilizer off for the time being and see how it goes. Yes, that's a one-off idler arm brace, I made it myself.

SO VERY NICE 88 !! That looks like the beefy set up you need to put up with your mods and antics... While I don't need that heavy duty components (yet ?), I'm jealous !! Nice fab work on the idler arm brace, it almost looks like part of the kit. If you hadn't have mentioned it, I wouldn't have guessed, but after studying it (and running stress analysis programs) I see that it is different... :P I'll let you know soon about something I think you will want to compliment your most recent upgrade. Now, go out and try to break it !! Post the picts :D

Bernard

I think I am going to buy the Calmini steering package soon and probably have a shop do it instead of my dependable mechanic. There is also the possibility that I may be brave and tackle it myself, with help of course.

• 3 weeks later...
Man, I always miss out on pics. I am convinced this forum software doesn't like my MAC. I'm sure it looks tight though.

Earth, I'm using a Mac and I have no problem seeing pictures. What browser and system are you using? I'm using Safari, and running OS 10.2.8. :type: