Transfer Case question

Macrow

I'm in the process of swapping out transmission on my 1992 auto 4wd pathfinder. My question is with the shifter. Is there some sort of hidden nut or bolt or something i need to find in order to remove the shifter where it attaches to the side of the transfer case? I removed two bolts and a 10mm nut from shifter but I still can't get the shifter to come off of the side of tranfer case.

It should just slide off. Where the two bolts are, there is a kind of pin that sits in a hole if i remember right. It may just be stuck. Try walking it out with a couple of screwdrivers if you can.

Thanks you guys yeah it turns out it was definitely a bit stuck. Got it off finally though.

Another question I'm curious about is wondering if when installing an automatic transmission from a 2004 Xterra non supercharged onto my 1992 Pathfinder? Is there anything I'll need to do or Change before or after mounted? I had someone tell me something bout the mounting brace or holes is cross member may not line up. Hadn't heard of that one from anything I looked up. Just want to be sure I have covered everything when installing it.

It lines up fine. Thats only if youre going from auto to manual.

Youll need the sub harness from the pathfinder though.

What would be the sub harness?

Adamzan by sub harness do you mean the wiring harness that connects to everything along the passenger side of engine or the wiring that connects to the sensors on side of transfer case?

Macrow can you edit your signature either with new links that work (aka not PB, unless you upgrade your PB account) or remove them from the sig. Unfortunately PB has decided to screw over all of their customers and the result is a log of info lost and/or wasted space taken in forums because of it. Thanks!

Macrow can you edit your signature either with new links that work (aka not PB, unless you upgrade your PB account) or remove them from the sig. Unfortunately PB has decided to screw over all of their customers and the result is a log of info lost and/or wasted space taken in forums because of it. Thanks!

Thanks, I totally spaced off doing that awhile ago so I appreciate the reminder