Electronic Connectors Cleaning and Dielectric Grease

August59

Need tips on getting corrosion out of the smaller connectors (air flow connector female side as an example). Used dielectric cleaner but it doesn't seem to work good on corrosion. Used qtip and vinegar, but can't get down into the small terminal finish pulling it loose.

Dielctric Grease - This may be opinion or if it's in the manual I couldn't find it. Should all of the electric connectors, harness connectors (at least the ones around the engine) have dieletric grease in them?

Thanks for any feedback

• Like 1

400-600 grit sand paper torn into small pieces and wetted with alcohol. Use tooth picks or what ever you can find that’s small and strong enough to bear down with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by onespiritbrain

The spray cleaner is alright for getting out oily gunk, but won't do much for corrosion. Fine sandpaper works well. I've used the end of a pocket screwdriver to scrape pins before. Make sure before you plug it back in that the pins are still tight, sometimes the female end opens up a little and doesn't grip properly.

Dielectric isn't strictly necessary but a little dab of it won't hurt anything, and might help keep moisture out.