Auxiliary wiring question

jjonez

Hey y'all, I'm trying to wire up a front light bar for my '02 and was wondering if there's any easy spots to send wire from the engine bay to the switch in the cabin. Every harness I've found going in and out seems like a pain to access from one side or the other. Thanks for the help!

Hey y'all, I'm trying to wire up a front light bar for my '02 and was wondering if there's any easy spots to send wire from the engine bay to the switch in the cabin. Every harness I've found going in and out seems like a pain to access from one side or the other. Thanks for the help!

If you have an automatic, use the firewall hole for the clutch pedal pushrod.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

• Like 3

If you have an automatic, use the firewall hole for the clutch pedal pushrod.

That's a really cool idea, I may utilize that for my CB wiring!

I wired mine directly to the existing fog light wires. So it comes on with my fog lights. Easy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is what I was going to suggest. It's what I intend to do. No better solution than the one that's already 99% done! It'll look super clean too. Just gotta do the fuse mod so you can turn on the fog lights without the headlights being on so you have more control over the LED's.

• Like 3

Thanks guys! (Un?)fortunately I have the 5 speed so no vacant pushrod hole.

Do the fog lights get the full voltage from the battery? I'll go for this if I can't find an alternative, but I'd like to keep the bar independent of the fogs if possible.

Thanks guys! (Un?)fortunately I have the 5 speed so no vacant pushrod hole.

Do the fog lights get the full voltage from the battery? I'll go for this if I can't find an alternative, but I'd like to keep the bar independent of the fogs if possible.

I have a 5 speed. If you want to have it completely separate from fog lights, you could drill a hole directly above or below the hood release cable and bring it through the wheel well into the engine bay. That's what I'm going to do for my electric trailer brakes.

You might be able to push 1 small wire through the existing hood cable grommet. Then you can use that for a switched ground to energize a relay mounted in the engine bay.

Just like colinnwn said use the clutch hole if you have an automatic. I always wire mine in with a relay and add a relay, or wire it with a inline fuse

Sent from my SM-S337TL using Tapatalk

I wired mine directly to the existing fog light wires. So it comes on with my fog lights. Easy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was gonna do that with my extra fogs, but wanted independently working fog lights. Great idea.

Sent from my SM-S337TL using Tapatalk