water control valve

shamil

If it is a 2002, it should be the 3.5 liter VQ35de engine. Unless Nissan did weird things in other countries, but a quick search does not say anything about the VG33e continuing beyond the 2000 model year.

If you have the VQ35de then yes, it does have a water control valve. It is located on the coolant piping on the back of the engine, up against the firewall. It is quite difficult to access with the engine in the vehicle. The pathfinder VQ35 had additional piping with a water control valve that opens at 203 degrees Fahrenheit and allows coolant to circulate to the opposite side of the head in order to increase cooling distribution.

It is Nissan part number 21230-6N20A.

i have a Pathfinder 2002 with vg33e does it has a water control valve?

Don't think there is mate, I've got the 2002 Vg33e and haven't come across it failing yet if there was one lol , just the water pump and thermostat I'm thinking .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, only the VQ35de has it. So according to the Nissan VG Wikipedia page the VG33e was only offered in the Pathfinder in 2001 and 2002 in the Australian model? Weird...

i asked because i am facing, i do know if i can call it overheat, the case is as follow, driving highway, rush hours and on traffic light with AC running i do not feel any extra heat (not overheating), but when climbing hell, load the engine on soft sand, the AC is off it start overheat. what i did so far new thermostat, new water pump and did inspect the radiator by expert he said the radiator is in a good shape.

Try replacing your radiator cap. If the cap is faulty the system won't pressurize and it can cause overheating.

You could also add a high performance radiator fluid additive like Hyp-er Lube or Water Wetter. I read some comparison tests awhile back that had decent results with both of those when mixed with an antifreeze solution already in the vehicle.

• Like 2