inter lock?

Guest biggrey

Guest biggrey

i have a button on my dash that says inter lock and i don't know what it does or if it even works. if someone could help me figure out what this is i would appreciate it.

Search dude.

There IS such a thing. He's referring to the "Interlock" switch, which disables the clutch interlock feature on some manual transmission equipped Pathfinders. With the switch on, the vehicle can be started without the clutch pedal having to be pushed down. Otherwise, the vehicle cannot be started until you push down the clutch pedal.

If you would read the owners manual you would know that the interlock alows you to start a manual trans truck without depressing the clutch. I don't even have a manual and I know that because I read the manual when I got my truck. Sorry if I sound harsh but seriously at least try to do some research first.

Sheesh, lighten up SC, give the NooB a break. It's an 11 year old rig, what makes you think he was lucky enough to even get an owner's manual? :shrug:

I don't even have a manual and I know that because I read the manual when I got my truck.

That's a nice trick, you should go on TV... :aok:

The search function on this BBS leaves alot to be desired, IMHO. You type in something to look for & you're presented with 4 or 5 pages ~ most of that crap that has nothing to do with what you're looking for, half the time it just pops out with everything in the garage section. Big help... ;)

Yeah, you kinda have to play with it and do +stuff +like +this or "stuff like this" or "stuff like this" +more + stuff... to get it to give you what you need. If you can trick it the right way you usually get what you're looking for.

well.. i did "stuff" like "that" all night.. and couldn't find an answer to my problem.... so I finally posted in the garage section.... :P LOL

i'm with you, I went searching for fender flares. so to cover all my bases I entered "flare" cause if someone wrote flares it would contain flare, well I was returned one thread that didn't even contain what I was looking for

Yeah, it is kinda a PITA, but if you're lucky enough to be searching for something like "interlock" then you're probably set. :) or "optima" or "flowmaster" or whatever... but then sometimes it'll return a result because that word happens to be in someone's signature which doesn't do you a whole hell of a lot of good.

I don't even have a manual and I know that because I read the manual when I got my truck.

HAHA I just realized how stoopid that sounded :hide:

I meant manual trans of course. Once again sorry I came off sounding harsh, and you're right hardware it is very possible for a truck not to come with the manual (the book type of course :P ) Once again I need to think before I open my big mouth (or in this case my typing fingers).

• 3 weeks later...
Guest vERSATILE

I dis search and got my answer. my truck(just bought as a project) has no manual and i wondered what interlock was also.

Guest biggrey

thanks for helpin me out. but as a matter of fact i asked several people what it was, do not have a manual and a chiltons was useless. i actually had to call a Nissan products distrubutor and after beening transfered three times some one finally had an answer for me. one reason it was hard to figure out is other vehicles that have this have it labeled differently. but thanks guys WAVEY