No power to window switch

Zkingcyrus

Im not getting any power to the switch. Windows stuck up, automatic locks not working either. It happenend a few times and completely quit today. I pulled the amplifier but capacitors tested fine and toggle were clean/unburned. I can't figure out which relay/fusible linke feeds power to windows, any guidance would be appreciated.

I tested the 5 fusible wires that come off of the battery (lead to negative terminal). All were showing 12v. When I tested the other sides of the circuit (from battery terminal); 1/5 show 12v with the key off, 4/5 show 12v with the key on. The door lock button is also not working. The windows were working momentarily today but everything died again after I put 2 down.

Well, I tried "everything". I pulled up the gsm and followed the diagram searching for the "circuit breaker" next to the fuse panel. Finally gave up and decided to swap a few grounding screws before I put it back together and that ended up solving my problem. Good luck to everyone else with window issues!

Try this for the door locks...

NOTE: As mentioned at the bottom of the FSM Page.. The circuit breaker for the Door Lock is the same as for the POWER WINDOWS!!

Good luck!

gLiIawc.jpg

Edited by OH6PILOT
  • Like 1

Thanks for the info OH6, I'm gonna take a look at this within the next couple of weeks.

Ever since last year when I took my Pathy in to have the alignment done, my mechanic (without asking) attempted to fix my ABS light which has been on for 10+ years now; he failed. In the process he managed to make my power locks quit unlocking. They still lock, but when you go to unlock the doors, there's an audible clicking from what I can only assume is some sort of relay under my driver side dash. This is why I try to work on my rig rather than take it to a mechanic!

Try this for the door locks...

NOTE: As mentioned at the bottom of the FSM Page.. The circuit breaker for the Door Lock is the same as for the POWER WINDOWS!!

Good luck!

gLiIawc.jpg