Land Rover rear lift spring install

Bax03SE

40 minutes ago, R50JR said:

Again, DO NOT use any spacers with new ac or ome springs. DO NOT USE SPACERS!!

Did I mention DO NOT USE ANY SPACERS??

You will bind cv and break them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alright I hear you, no spacers on ac 2" springs that are brand new. Thanks for your input. 

1 hour ago, bertrenolds said:

Alright I hear you, no spacers on ac 2" springs that are brand new. Thanks for your input. 

In essence, 2" of total lift is max without SFD.  Preferred lift method is via springs...you can't bust CVs using only springs.    The addition of spacers increases likelihood of CV binding.  You can bust CVs using only spacers.

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...

LRDirect 9447 with Bilstein 5125 (33-185552); lower shock mounts bored out to 1/2" (from 12 mm) for 1/2" grade 8 bolts to fit supplied sleeve

Before (tired stock springs): 32.5" ground to bottom of fender flare

After: 36"

Given the sagging springs and the 3.5" gain, seem like right around 2.5" lift with 9447s over stock is reasonable

• 1 month later...

In essence, 2" of total lift is max without SFD.  Preferred lift method is via springs...you can't bust CVs using only springs.    The addition of spacers increases likelihood of CV binding.  You can bust CVs using only spacers.

Where can I get more information on the SFD and part kits if needed

On 12/1/2019 at 12:34 AM, Gmar11 said:

Where can I get more information on the SFD and part kits if needed

https://www.google.com/search?q=SFD+site%3Anissanpathfinders.net&rlz=1C1CHBF_enUS759US759&oq=SFD+site%3Anissanpathfinders.net&aqs=chrome..69i57.6710j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

• 1 month later...

Hey guys, for those of you rocking the LR9447 springs, are you using KYB (Excel G or Gas-a-just) shocks or did have to upgrade to Bilstein 5100s?
I got a pair of KYB Gas-a-justs a couple of months ago and I'm considering replacing my current spring + 2" spacer setup with a set of 9447.
However, not overly keen on changing the shocks if I don't need to.

9 hours ago, jtchal said:

Hey guys, for those of you rocking the LR9447 springs, are you using KYB (Excel G or Gas-a-just) shocks or did have to upgrade to Bilstein 5100s?
I got a pair of KYB Gas-a-justs a couple of months ago and I'm considering replacing my current spring + 2" spacer setup with a set of 9447.

Changing shocks is optional, but you may or may not notice them reaching maximum extension more on speed bumps or off road terrain. They will definitely limit the articulation if the 9447’s. A 26” bilstein shock (OEM is 24”) is pretty cheap if you do end up wanting to get new shocks.

On 1/4/2020 at 8:10 AM, PathyDude17 said:

Changing shocks is optional, but you may or may not notice them reaching maximum extension more on speed bumps or off road terrain. They will definitely limit the articulation if the 9447’s. A 26” bilstein shock (OEM is 24”) is pretty cheap if you do end up wanting to get new shocks.

Got a part number for that shock? Im rocking the stock rear kyb shocks but wanna upgrade. Is it the Bilstein 5100 Series Shock Absorber 33-185552 for the 9447 spring? 

1 hour ago, bertrenolds said:

Got a part number for that shock? Im rocking the stock rear kyb shocks but wanna upgrade. Is it the Bilstein 5100 Series Shock Absorber 33-185552 for the 9447 spring? 

That’s what I used. Works a treat. 

Somewhere in here is an amazing table of different shocks with extended and compressed lengths. Can’t remember who posted it but I’ll try to find it. Maybe someone else has the link handy?

Edit: Here it is - I'd downloaded it a while ago. This is NOT my work but I can't recall who to give credit to. Sorry if that's you!

Shocks.xlsx

Edited by jlduthie
Attach file

On 1/4/2020 at 12:01 AM, jtchal said:

2 hours ago, bertrenolds said:

To keep the discussion concise, this topic was discussed in this thread a few pages back. I should have replied with this initially 

• 4 weeks later...

I’m running 9447s but havent upgraded to bilsteins yet due to price. 

For now I’m using Gabriel ultras, which are the longest OEM spec shocks available as far as I know, at 24.7 inches I believe. I think it’s a good compromise between price performance and flex, and I didn't have to worry about widening out the shock mounts. So far I’ve got no complaints, but I’m sure they aren’t quite as good as bilsteins 

On 1/10/2020 at 5:44 AM, JBGEARHEAD91 said:

I have found another option from Bilstein 33-104652 it is a 28'' extended that could go with these springs.

That length would suit the Pre facelift (96-99) well (I'm assuming the shock mount change happened the same year as the facelift), as their shock mounts are closer together than the later models. I've personally had to reseat a coil for @micahfelker  when he drops one at full flex, the 29" 331885569's are a little too long for his application. 

Edited by PathyDude17

Got to install some badass 9447 last weekend. So far I'm loving them but the front is now sitting about 2" lower than the rear, and that's with some new 1.5" HD coils up front!

Here's what the 9447s look like vs my old HD standard height + spacers setup.

WO62ZAl.jpg?1      071RWRa.jpg?1

• 1 month later...

So if i read this correctly and i believe i did .. all 13 pages, nrc9447s wil give the least amount of lift  and i will have no rake if i do a 2in spacer in the front correct?

So if i read this correctly and i believe i did .. all 13 pages, nrc9447s wil give the least amount of lift  and i will have no rake if i do a 2in spacer in the front correct?

Do not use a 2” spacer if your r50 is 4wd

Sent from my Pathfinder

12 hours ago, R50JR said:

Do not use a 2” spacer if your r50 is 4wd

Sent from my Pathfinder

Ive got manual hubs ill be putting on it and fortunately where i live in fl it doesnt see alot of flexing just mud and water .. plus im not to worried about replacing the cvs on it that have 209k miles on them

Just trying to get this thing up off the tires some 

spFITND.jpg

Edited by alexg89
  • Like 1

On 2/4/2020 at 1:41 AM, jtchal said:

Got to install some badass 9447 last weekend. So far I'm loving them but the front is now sitting about 2" lower than the rear, and that's with some new 1.5" HD coils up front!

Here's what the 9447s look like vs my old HD standard height + spacers setup.

WO62ZAl.jpg?1      071RWRa.jpg?1

The Lr coils will settle

down another half inch or so,  it really, you need 2 inches of lift up front to match the Le coil. You could always do a half inch spacers up front to even it out a bit 

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, JBGEARHEAD91 said:

Installed OME HD + Fluerys 1" spacer up front and LR9449 in the rear.

2020-04-25_11-00-24

Looks great. I’m upgrading to the 9449s this week as well because the 9447s are sagging a bit too much under the weight I have in the rear. Can’t wait to see how they look

• 2 weeks later...

Hey all just looking for some input, meant to pull the trigger on some new springs in the fall but got sidetracked.

Anyways I'm currently running OME HD in the front and OME MD in the rear, no spacers anywhere. I run a 120lb rooftop tent and a 2 bike rack on the back pretty regularly, and the OME coils in the rear start to sag a bit when I'm fully loaded. I've been going back and forth between the 9447 and the 9449 and cant decide.

Mainly worried about just having crazy rake with the 9449 when I'm unloaded, but worried that the 9447 wont be enough when fully loaded. Don't really want to add spacers to the front.

has anyone swapped their OME springs out for the 9447? was it a noticeable increase in spring rate? or will I have to just go for the 9449 to get any results?

I kind of feel that the increased length of the 9447 will help in addition to the small increase in spring rate over the OME.

Would love any input you guys have to offer!

My 9447's barely sag when fully loaded for a week of camping, I think they'd be fine for you. You will probably still have some rake with them vs the ome's but a small strut spacer takes care of that.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, DesertKyle said:

My 9447's barely sag when fully loaded for a week of camping, I think they'd be fine for you. You will probably still have some rake with them vs the ome's but a small strut spacer takes care of that.

Nice, I'm totally ok with a bit of rake just don't want to look like a drag car all the time haha. good to hear the 9447 can handle a full load.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, dezm said:

Nice, I'm totally ok with a bit of rake just don't want to look like a drag car all the time haha. good to hear the 9447 can handle a full load.

I feel ya, I had way too much rake previously with the 9447's and a 1.5" spacer and stock springs in front.

Here's my truck now with the 9447's and ome hd's with a 1/2" spacer. The springs settled quite a bit over the first few days and I have a little rake again but it looks so much better than before. Without the spacer I think it would be too raked out for me. Ymmv

mAdgb4L.jpg

• Thanks 1