For those of you that sleep in your truck, I would like to share something I figured out!

Backpacker

So I figured out a while ago how to get tons of leg room, fairly easily, for sleeping in the wd21 comfortable.

If your tall like me this will make a world of difference.

It's quickest done with a cordless drill and socket adaptor, but a ratchet works just fine.

Before flipping the rear seats down, remove the four bolts that secure the hinges that the lower portion of the back seats rotate on. From there you can pull them out entirely and set aside.

Here's a photo of the hinges I'm referring to:3927f8fba7246a2467dbff0f87bb2417.jpg

Fold the upper section of the rear seats down like you normally would.

Next remove the head rests from the front seats. Slide the seats as far forward to the dash as possible. Now you can recline the front seats to be flat and level with the rear cargo area. Lastly slide the seats back to fill the gap. Here's a picture I took of doing this to just the driver side. Took me 3 mins to set up take a pic and return them to the original configuration. Makes great sleeping room for two with your head near the rear hatch and could possibly fit an air mattress.

92f9c8be904cf928d4ae105cdf525333.jpg

I'm 6'2" and this is the only way I am fall asleep back there unless I'm absolutely exhausted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

So I figured out a while ago how to get tons of leg room, fairly easily, for sleeping in the wd21 comfortable.

If your tall like me this will make a world of difference.

It's quickest done with a cordless drill and socket adaptor, but a ratchet works just fine.

Before flipping the rear seats down, remove the four bolts that secure the hinges that the lower portion of the back seats rotate on. From there you can pull them out entirely and set aside.

Here's a photo of the hinges I'm referring to:3927f8fba7246a2467dbff0f87bb2417.jpg

Fold the upper section of the rear seats down like you normally would.

Next remove the head rests from the front seats. Slide the seats as far forward to the dash as possible. Now you can recline the front seats to be flat and level with the rear cargo area. Lastly slide the seats back to fill the gap. Here's a picture I took of doing this to just the driver side. Took me 3 mins to set up take a pic and return them to the original configuration. Makes great sleeping room for two with your head near the rear hatch and could possibly fit an air mattress.

92f9c8be904cf928d4ae105cdf525333.jpg

I'm 6'2" and this is the only way I am fall asleep back there unless I'm absolutely exhausted.

4 inch thick inflatable matress double width confirmed! Now where to put the tools?

Sent from my SM-G386W using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Thanks for this post. As someone who is also 6'2, having some extra leg room is a necessity. I'll be giving this a shot next time I'm sleeping in the rig!

Glad I could help!

I remember seeing a topic on this way back, maybe in a tips and tricks thread. I ended up doing the mod because I have an air mattress I would through in the back of the truck. The mod called for using a round wire lock pin (Lowes/HD) to replace the pin so you could easily remove and replace the seats.

• Like 1

I remember seeing a topic on this way back, maybe in a tips and tricks thread. I ended up doing the mod because I have an air mattress I would through in the back of the truck. The mod called for using a round wire lock pin (Lowes/HD) to replace the pin so you could easily remove and replace the seats.

That's a great idea