Sources for JGC springs?

Repack

Jeeps are a good source I hear, and they can be free if you cruise the malls and are quick with a jack....

No, really, check out the local U-Pull-It or call the other junkyards... There is a sticky at the top of the garage page that will tell you the years you are looking for. I'd guess $50 for 2 used TOPS... Definitely do it, you wont be sorry !! Dont forget to crank/index the T bars... the best 2" free you will get with out a vacuum pump. :P

B

Jeeps are a good source I hear, and they can be free if you cruise the malls and are quick with a jack....

No, really, check out the local U-Pull-It or call the other junkyards... There is a sticky at the top of the garage page that will tell you the years you are looking for. I'd guess $50 for 2 used TOPS... Definitely do it, you wont be sorry !! Dont forget to crank/index the T bars... the best 2" free you will get with out a vacuum pump. 

The first sentence and the last - Duuude, that's funny!

Thanks! I'll check out the Used Parts Yard. Its not junk!!!!! I didn't realize that they were Jeep springs. I guess thats why I was having prblems finding them on Pathfinder sites.

I checked the local junk yards and couldn't find sh!t.. so I gave up and bought mine brand new $70. ( I am kinda anal about having everything new that I replace..) :blink: Got them @ Kragen.

I am such a goof its not even funny. Finally realized (well a few hours ago) what JGC stands for. At least there are some very good junkyards around me. I don't think I've ever felt so stupid!!

yo repack, dont feel bad, it took me a while to figure that out too, jgc = jeep grand cherokee, but u gotta get the front springs from a V-8 thats the key, and Ithink they gotaa be between year model 93 - 97, anyway good luck

Don't feel bad repack.... I still can't post pics!  :wacko:

Slick here's how to post pics:

First upload your pic to a web host (you can get a free geocities site from yahoo and upload them to there). Next click the IMG button above where you type your replies. It will ask you to input the URL for the image, if you were using geocities it would look like www.geocities.com/username/picturename.jpg Then ta da! one image in your post.

For instance:

tetsuo-.jpg

That's my avatar pic all big n stuff. For those of you wondering that is Tetsuo from the classic anime movie Akira

• 10 months later...
Mmyep. 93-97 Jeep Grand Cherokee V8, nine coils tall, .54-.58 inch coil wire thickness.

alright after researching some newer posts I realized I might have got the wrong springs, I dont think I specified "4wd", so I came back and found this post by 88. It has nine coils but I measured the diameter of the coil wire thickness and mine came out to be .4375 (7/16) inch. Sooooooo, does this mean I got the wrong shiite? Did I get the non 4wd spring? :shrug: If so I'm gonna be :furious: cuz I was planning on doing it this weekend

F*$%#(@^%$#@(Y$E(! n A !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Anybody wants some JGC Coils? That frekin SUXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX, oh well I quess its back to the JY, at least I didn't try with the wrong shiite, that woulda been worse, thanx 88.