Dash LED change

I've read some old posts about members changing out they're OE dash lights for LED's. One post I saw the member used 194 LED's that were 120 degrees. So I looked at Superbrightleds.com for some options but unfortunately I now have more questions than before :crossedwires: .

How many lumens would be enough to light the dash without blinding me?

Will the tower ones fit or only the mini's?

What is the best beam angle to use... (depending on the style) 360, 220,120 or 90 degrees?

Do I need just the retrofit with socket?

How many bulbs does the cluster require?

I've tried to find this info on old posts but couldn't come up with anything solid. Or at least I couldn't find anything that answered my questions. There may be a post that explains all of this but I couldn't locate one. I really don't want to start ordering lights without knowing what works and what doesn't. I'm going to replace the regulator on the back of the cluster so I figure I might as well brighten things up.

Thanks in advance for the help.

I've seen pictures of LED conversions on here so I know people have done it. Hopefully one of them can tell you what they used. I like LEDs generally but most of the LED-swapped clusters I see have really bad hot spots (probably something to do with the beam angle--I'd assume the wider the better for general illumination). That, and a friend of mine fitted the cluster his Chevy with the cheapest LEDs he could find, and after awhile a couple of the chips went bad and started flickering. Decent chips with a wider angle might give better results.

I figure that the 360 one's would light around the whole area without the Hot Spot issue but I'm not 100% on it. Also the lumens, I'm guessing, would have a lot to do with it.

This is the only post that I've found regarding the swap http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/topic/39445-switched-out-dash-lights/?p=743968

kev9180 said that he used 4 194 LED bulbs with a 120 degree angle.