If your Pathfinder died, what would replace it?

Patrick

Ok. To start off I love my 1995 Pathfinder. I like how it handles, its good looks and cargo room with the back seats down so I can stuff my mountain bike back there and sleep.

Here's what I don't like- weak engine, suspect auto transmission and my rear frame is starting to rust! I was inspecting my new shocks and I noticed some pretty heavy scaling on the rear frame. OK this has me a little freaked out. I'm going to a body shop today. If the damage is a costly repair, then I will probably sell this truck.......

So if you had to get rid of your Pathfinder and needed another truck, what would you buy? I would be looking at used SUV's. There really isn't anything out there that compares to the Pathfinder. I don't like and can't afford X-Terra's. I wouldn't buy anything American. I looked at all types of SUV's and only found one that interests me: a 1993-1995 Toyota Landcruiser. What are your thoughts on this vehicle? Oh man this feels like I'm cheating on my wife or something!!!! :rolleyes:

Well, I'm not going to listen, and say I'd get another 92-95 Pathy, an X if I could justify the cost, and possibly be open to a 4 runner, but I'm not crazy about them. A Frontier crew cab 4x4 would also be considered followed by a HB king cab 4x4 with a shell... As you can tell, I'm a Nissan fan.

Bernard

well, i have had a 93 Nissan pathinfer for bout 6 months now, and before that, an 89 4runner.. and man, that 4 runner was a truck.. drove the (I am a dork for trying to use profanity here) out of it, would not even beleive thigns i had done wiht that truck, but when it died, it had many things wrong wiht it that i couldnt' afford to fix. duno what to tell you

What do you have against the Xterra? I drove one (first time ever in one) 2 weeks ago and am now sure that it will be my next vehicle. Its basically a new Pathy. Same wheel base and at least as much intgerior space. Plus the rear seat come removeable. I bought my '95 with 72,000 miles on it. For a bitg more than what I paid for my Pathy I can get an Xterra with 42k. Plus more power and better mileage.

Mmm Supercharged Xterra :cool2:

4Runners are cool, and the aftermarket market for them is huge.

A Ford Ranger 4x4 is a nice truck, especially if you do a prerunner build.

Older Toyota Land Cruisers are sweet.

I'd go with either another Pathy I could swap my parts onto, an Xterra, or a 90's 4Runner I think if I'm broke. Probably a Titan if I'm feeling rich. I've driven the Passport/Rodeo, and they seem to have less balls than a Pathy, no Exploders, Blazers, or Sheep, and a truck isn't really good for me (other than a Titan) in often-moist Washington.

If I hit the lottery, mine would be a Lamborghini LM002.

...Packing a truly insane 450 horsepower 5.2 liter V12 engine derived from the awesome Countach, the four wheel drive, 6,800 pound LM002 was an incredible performer. It could tackle gradients of 120%, was capable of shifting from a standstill to 60 mph in 7.7 seconds and rushed to a top speed of 130 mph. All this performance had its cost though -- the engine returned a wallet-busting (and ozone-depleting) seven miles per gallon (gulp!).

The thing that's really interesting is that back in the early 80's, SUV's were seen as true utility vehicles and lacked the refinement and sophistication of today's trucks. The LM002 featured a passenger area composed of leather and wood inlays, and packed power steering, power windows and air conditioning as standard options, making it light years ahead of the competition.

More info...

Edited by jj big shoe

I would agree with Mr. Pickles and get another Pathfinder to swap parts to, but If I was going for something different I would get a used Xterra. I guarantee you could get one of those cheaper than a used 4Runner with the same miles.

Toyota owners are proud of their 4Runners, used prices are rediculus!

If I was going new I would wait for one of these to come out. B)

New FJ40

Edited by red-finder

Pathfinders rock but come on lets see some wishing here!! Early 90's 300 ZX twin turbo in mint shape. Man that car flew!!! I just drove one of the new Mustangs with the 4.6 V8 the other day. That is one beeeeeeeeeeeautiful car. It makes up for the last 15 years of ugly Mustangs. I pulled out to pass a truck and suddenly I was doing 165 KPH and still pulling. My problem with most of the new 4x4s on the market is they are all round. I like the box styling of my 95 Pathfinder. :Magic:

I'd get another Pathfinder. Exact same truck if possible. I haven't seen any other suvs i'd rather have, except maybe for that Nissan patrol that the aussies get. I'd rather get a pickup truck next like an old Tacoma or possibly a '96 hardbody. I'm still waiting to get another Miata at the moment. Most of the newer trucks look like sh!t anyhow. what's with replacing the beautiful chrome bumpers with these plastic p.o.s.? I've really been dissappointed with most new cars that have come out in the last few years. It seems that the designers are listening to the Consumer Reports guys advice for making trucks with "more car-like(i hate that word) road manners" Utility is definitely taking a backseat to style. The 90's and 80's were the best decades for to choose from for cars and trucks. THe only thing i like about vehicles from this decade are the engines vrrrrrrroooooooooom!

Edited by skrillaguerilla

Guest El_Madmaster
What do you have against the Xterra? I drove one (first time ever in one) 2 weeks ago and am now sure that it will be my next vehicle. Its basically a new Pathy. Same wheel base and at least as much intgerior space. Plus the rear seat come removeable. I bought my '95 with 72,000 miles on it. For a bitg more than what I paid for my Pathy I can get an Xterra with 42k. Plus more power and better mileage.

Yeah I just drove a 6 speed 05 earlier this week for the hell of it, and it was a sweet car. I'd say the Off Road trim would definately be my next car. Xterra's 7 second 0-60 is attractice, as well as lots of nice features and better gas mileage. Not a fan of the supercharged Xterra, not too quick and guzzles premium gas. My dad has an 01 Limited Sequoia. Really nice car, luxurious and all... would never take that off roading lol. I really enjoy my Pathfinder though, has been running great and i'll probably keep it till it dies or I kill it myself.