Jeep owners.... sheesh!

k9sar

And this:

Of course, that only applies to the 2-doors, as you can plainly see... :P:D:hide:

He he, power to the 2 doors :-) For those of us who are to cool to have friends! :-)

On the canadian thing, your on your own there buddy :-)

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you for your insight. I liked your comparison to brunette's and blonds; it really is quite the same isn’t it? Another thing you brought up, about there being 88-95 pathys everywhere, It's true, everywhere I go there are always tons of them, outnumbering the jeeps I see almost 2 to 1 (and yes I've counted and kept track on several days lol) yet they hardly get any recognition, why is that? :wacko:

Give me a raven haired beauty any day !!

AMEN to that!!! :aok:

I had a 90 Wrangler, which was in great shape (Cali)... I took care of it, but wheeled the tires off it whenever possible.

Jeeps are great, but they have a HUGE downside, 1) being they are expensive to own, insurance killed me, break-in's were daily

2) I couldn't leave it for 5 minutes for the above mentioned reasons

3) I had to spend $2,000 on a 6" suspension lift and 33" tires just to go pklaces I now know my Pathy can go almost stock...

I ran with the Jeep crowd, but was happy with any vehicle that tagged along out wheeling...every man for what he likes.

Before I sold the Jeep (some dude made me an offer I couldn't refuse..it wasn't really for sale) I spent $4,200 on Rubicon Express parts to do a spring over... plus I bought 36" Iroks on black rock crawler rims.... I never did the SOA before I sold it, and can you imagine what I could do to my Pathy with that kind of $$$$$????

Now the Pathy is #1 in my "stable".. I have realized, thanks to these guys, just how versatile my Pathy is. I have a 4 door, great cargo hauler, does very well off road with no mods, comfy, room for more than 2.. (I took the back seat out of the Jeep)..great on road and off manners...and much cheaper on insurance, and a theif doesn't give it a second glance....hmmm.. think I couldn't be happier! (this is also my 3rd Nissan.

Also, I found with a lot of Jeep owners that after 100,000 miles...the motors had a tendency to "take-a-sh!t"...that is why older Jeeps have Chevy V-8's in them..and are mostly for off road use. Pathy's on the other hand..still thrive after 300,000 miles.....do the math.... -bounce- :bow:

Of course, that only applies to the 2-doors, as you can plainly see...  :P  :D  :hide:

Yea go two doors! B):hide: You can see a 4 door suv in any mall parking lot, but two doors are a mark of a true SPORT Utility Vehicle.

2 doors are for the people who can't figure out how to open the other two on 4 door and/or dont have friends....

B

I'm with Bernard! :bow: LOL

OK, we've playfully bashed the sheep owners, the canucks, the 4 dr owners, the 2 dr owners, lets see.... P...

how about northern vs southern hemisphere 4 wheeling? Mud vs rock? Or age bashing? Beat up dirty trucks vs showroom shiny? Somebody pick the next poor unfortunate saps to target?

I'm in the north;

Don't care much for mud;

Old enough to know what's right, young enough not to choose it *;

Beat up and dirty.

Bring it on, I'm sure I can come up with some kind of snappy comeback!

* Proper props to Mr. Lee and the boys...

OK, we've playfully bashed the sheep owners, the canucks, the 4 dr owners, the 2 dr owners, lets see.... P...

how about northern vs southern hemisphere 4 wheeling? Mud vs rock? Or age bashing? Beat up dirty trucks vs showroom shiny? Somebody pick the next poor unfortunate saps to target?

I'm in the north;

Don't care much for mud;

Beat up and dirty.

beat up and dirty but no mud? do you puke on it? action-smiley-027.gif

I'm in the north;

Don't care much for mud;

Beat up and dirty.

sssh Where do we western Pathy peeps come into the equasion?? we have a bunch of everything... and ...if we're going for the ugly contest.. my Pathy wins.. hands down..... (but she's beautiful to me!) -bounce-

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/pathy4x4/det...9a7.jpg&.src=ph

Sorry, Slick. This is a contest you can't win....

Basic rules to beat me out (and I know someone wil!)

1) If all the body panels are the same color, you're out.

2) If your door handles match (chrome vs paint), you're out.

3) If you do not have body panels that show visible hammer marks, you're out. P...

4) If you have washed it this year, you're out. I may disqualify myself in the next month or two on this one... but for now, the road dirt and dust are still creatively re-arranged by the rain every couple weeks...

5) If you can't see duct tape from the drivers seat, you're out.

Yeah, she looks borderline neglected. But darn good (I think) for just under 200K miles and under $3K total invested! I prefer to call it well used, but shy of abused.

Edited by mws

Sorry, Slick. This is a contest you can't win....

Basic rules to beat me out (and I know someone wil!)

1) If all the body panels are the same color, you're out.

2) If your door handles match (chrome vs paint), you're out.

3) If you do not have body panels that show visible hammer marks, you're out. P...

4) If you have washed it this year, you're out. I may disqualify myself in the next month or two on this one... but for now, the road dirt and dust are still creatively re-arranged by the rain every couple weeks...

5) If you can't see duct tape from the drivers seat, you're out.

Yeah, she looks borderline neglected. But darn good (I think) for just under 200K miles and under $3K total invested! I prefer to call it well used, but shy of abused.

Ok lets see, duct tape visible from drivers seat, check. No wash action since last year, check (rain doesn't count since I just get my pathy muddy driving on dirt roads -bounce- ). Body panels that have visible hammer marks? Well I have a couple of medium size dents. Paint matches all body panels, but under the rear window the clear coat is begining to "bubble." Door handles match, you got me there.

I'v got two up on you however: missing one hubcap and trash inside the spare tire rim.

I'll just go ahead and declare myself winner now. The interior parts that should be duct taped, aren’t even, body panels that have hammer marks? You bet, paint matches all body panels? I'm missing a body panel and I have a red hood that I'm going to put on my black pathy (temporary) Door handles match? I'm missing one since some indians busted mine out when they broke in, and finally as for getting washed? She's been sitting in a salvage yard for a little over 2 years :P

:clap::clap::clap::D:D:D:D :eek:

Oops, I think I just wet myself! I just woke the family up from laughing so darn loud! I'm in tears! :sniff: :sniff: :D:D:D

:X :X :oops: I'm laughing too hard!

That's awsome! :beer:

Hey... NR's right... we shouldn't keep bashing jeep owners. Heck, it's not like they're canadians or something. Now there's some bashing that needs to happen!

:P:hide:

LOL funny. You probably think we still live in Igloos :blink:

:laugh::laugh:

:beer:

:blink: darn. Ok...so..I lose.. but not by tooooooo far. I can see visible duct tape, losing paint AND clear coat on back and side..Pathy been crashed b 4... took sawzall to PS.....cut fender flares (both) AND... bent a bit of the lower bumper pushing that Jeep.... does that give me extra brownie points?? :wacko:

2 doors are for the people who can't figure out how to open the other two on 4 door and/or dont have friends....

B

Hey I do too have a friend.

hey, virtual friends don't count.... :laugh:

... was gonna make a comment about $3.99 per minute but I guess I won't. :)