Well Guys, i am Selling Pathy...

But its okay because i bought another one!!!

I have been needed to replace my rig for a little while. My parents recently moved 300 or so miles away, and i visit them frequently, and my 96, manual with the 4.6 gearing doesn't do very well at 75 MPH,

But yesterday i went on craigslist and found a 2003 LE, black on black for fair deal, went and looked at it, and it all check out, except for the codes, the car has the Camshaft posistion sensor code thrown on it, which caused to have zero power once the car got warm, so im towing it home and ordering the part now.

But that's all i have for an update, i plan on removing a lot of the goodies i have on my pathfinder and sticking them on the new one, so that will be fun. but i FINALLY get to install my JDM porjectors that i have had for 2 1/2 years!! So excited

On to the crappy craigslist pics.

35808793723_eecce8d337_o.jpg

35808793623_01015234c9_o.jpg

35808793843_5fba324f59_o.jpg

Cant wait to throw all of my fun parts at it!

-Kyle

• Like 3

Nice! Looks great! I was originally looking for a black rig but they were pretty hard to come by in an LE trim with a manual transfer case at the time I was searching.

Parting out the other rig? Id be interested in the front diff and reear axle.

• Like 1

Nice! Looks great! I was originally looking for a black rig but they were pretty hard to come by in an LE trim with a manual transfer case at the time I was searching.

Parting out the other rig? Id be interested in the front diff and reear axle.

Not parting it out no, but ill be putting it back to stock and then up for sale, so you are more than welcome to buy it as a parts rig, but i would be kind of sad to see it die that way.

Im just taking the parts i want, probably my wheels, most of the stereo, JDM power folding mirrors, and some other misc stuff.

-Kyle

Oh, oh! Did you say power folding mirrors? I didn't know those existed. I want!! Did you say they were by JDM?

Okay, okay, back to the important stuff. Congratulations on the new rig! Looks nice. I'm surprised the interior on an '03 LE looks so different from my '02 LE. I have fakey plastic "wood" trim that I've wanted to either wrap, paint or put those precut stickers or carbon fiber covers on but have been too cheap to do so. Is that real wood? If so, you need to steal the moniker I heard on a GXOR, "Wood Grain Warrior"!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Now seriously, back to those power folding mirrors. Those would be seriously useful. Where did you find those, who made them, about how much & how hard are they to install?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Oh, oh! Did you say power folding mirrors? I didn't know those existed. I want!! Did you say they were by JDM?

Okay, okay, back to the important stuff. Congratulations on the new rig! Looks nice. I'm surprised the interior on an '03 LE looks so different from my '02 LE. I have fakey plastic "wood" trim that I've wanted to either wrap, paint or put those precut stickers or carbon fiber covers on but have been too cheap to do so. Is that real wood? If so, you need to steal the moniker I heard on a GXOR, "Wood Grain Warrior"!

I second what RainGoat said, power folding mirrors?!? I need to find some, that's cool!!! I love the spec on your new ride, almost identical to my '02 QX4.

Hey thanks guys,

Power folding mirrors, one of my favorite mods i have done so far. Check out this post in my build thread on the subject.

http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/topic/33320-college-kids-dd-1996-se/?p=749073

as far as how to get a hold of JDM stuff, check out this other post in my build thread.

http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/topic/33320-college-kids-dd-1996-se/?p=748032

Im too lazy to rewrite it all out, lol

Let me know if you have any other questions on um.

Plastic fake wood will be replaced, or redone i guess one would say, i think im gonna hydro dip those panels and try and replicate something from Mercedes.

Similar to this

2013-SL-Class-Coupe-Gallery-010_GOI.jpg

And Kyle, glad to hear from you! Hopefully you've been able to also put some time towards the Z. Keep us posted on both builds!

I 2nd that on the both the vent & Z as well!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

HAWAIRISH whats up man?! Good to hear from you as well!

Yeah I've been MIA for a while, hopefully my new pathy will revitalize my presence back to the forums.

Z updates are limited, but i picked the Z up today as well, drove way too much to honest.

36541361761_7db231aa2e_b.jpg

I just got fed up with trying to put the E30 Sports in myself, just dont have the skills.... But they are mounted and are exactly what i envisioned it being, it almost looks period correct! I don't have any pics yet, but next priority is getting her all back and running, buying a dash, new gauges, finishing up the dynamat, and the rear cargo area in Teak wood.

-Kyle

• Like 1

Okay, now I've got to learn what "hydro dip@ is because that looks fantastic. I've hated that stupid plastic fake wood trim since I bought the truck (I don't even like real wood in cars-teak luggage racks excepted). I can't believe I've looked at that for 15 years & 100K & your going to show me a relatively easy way to change it. (I actually have the whole center column & center console out right now while I'm doing some USB plug modding anyway.)

Speaking of, I'd love to help you hydro dip yours & do mine at the same time. We live close enough : )

Yeah, id be down, but we would have to agree on the same print in order to get any sort of discount. and im really picky, just as an FYI.

There is a guy up in gig harbor who does dipping.

http://www.tsunamihydrographiccoatings.com/

Looks like his specialty is guns, but he does list automotive parts. one i fix the broken rear cup holder door on mine, ill be giving him a call.

-Kyle

Okay, well that just led me down the wormhole of hydro graphics. Given the price, I think I'll wait & see how yours turns out. I was under the mistaken impression that it was something you could do, like plastidipping. It clearly is not.

Edited by RainGoat

Okay, well that just led me down the wormhole of hydro graphics. Given the price, I think I'll wait & see how yours turns out. I was under the mistaken impression that it was something you could do, like plastidipping. It clearly is not.

Yeah not something most people can do. It might be a while before i do mine, wanna get the new rig mechanically sound and make a trip or two to Spokane, then start doing mods i don't already have parts for.

Kind of cool to see matching pre/post facelift R50s side by side. Even though I know it's the same platform, the post-facelift ones always look bigger to me somehow.

So glad i'm not the only one who sees it, i think its the soft curves giving it a "bloated" effect (for lack of a better term).

Progress, i couldn't help myself, i started installing the JDM headlights.

36628434681_df9e8ebf5e_b.jpg

35958495973_be5c354e5f_b.jpg

Drivers side needs a cut and buff, with a new shot of clear, then im going to have them clear bra'd to give the utmost protection.

There is almost no room for these stupid things,

36720441906_b1f9b1d724_b.jpg

It became very clear that they were never designed to work the 3.5L, which makes sense and the 3.5 was never sold in Japan (i think). So i just spent way too much damn money on a K&N intake that i will probably have to hack up just to make the drivers side fit. The main loom is right where the headlight wants to be, so with some massaging, the loom will be pushed back and then the light should clear all of the crap behind it.

35933240614_d4cc2ac1f6_b.jpg

36628423791_2f6d1ea65c_b.jpg

I painted the cut edges to prevent corrosion, and added some silicon vacuum line around so i will stop slicing my hands up, i look like i got into a bar fight with a gang of cheese graders and lost...

Thats pretty much what i have been up to, while i wait for the intake, im going to get the headlights fixed up and start wiring up these things.

-Kyle

• Like 4

so i will stop slicing my hands up, i look like i got into a bar fight with a gang of cheese graders and lost...

:rofl:

The silicone vacuum line is a good idea, I like that. I added loom over the wires to protect them, but didn't even think about my hands, so many frequently worked on areas where that would be helpful!

• Like 1