Sears says Fleurys lift won't align.

kane

According to Sears automotive in Houma Louisiana, Fleury's lift kit can not be aligned. I installed the lift last night, brought it in to Sears today and the manager and tech are literally laughing at it saying it's way too dangerous of a lift, and cannot be aligned without lowering the drive shaft, getting longer cv axles, and longer struts. Anyone else have this issue?

• Like 1

I'm open to suggestions on the alignment shops. We have Goodyear, Sears, and basic corporate places around here.

• Like 1

I'm open to suggestions on the alignment shops. We have Goodyear, Sears, and basic corporate places around here.

i went to a true alignment shop and they did mine perfectly. Definitely get the adjustable alignment bolts. Or try off-road shops that do alignment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Screw the quick lube places, especially sears, heard of lots of bad experiences with them. Full service mechanics service shops know what they're doing. Also consider a reputable tire shop, a good one will have excellentalignment techs because a bad alignment will wear out tires and cause warranty issues. That's the first thing I trained on at my old tire shop once I got tires down. I lifted my truck with a lift kit almost exactly like fleurys (Would've bought his if I had known about it at the time) and I aligned the truck myself with 0 issues, even the camber was just within spec.

It would even be worth calling a few shops and asking if they have experience aligning lifted trucks. I agree this style lift should align no problem, you just need a shop that's comfortable working with it and knows what they're doing. Mine aligned without even needing camber bolts.

If you have a lift you'll need camber bolts. The issues they brought up are kind of legitimate, but definitely not a problem; sure it would be nice to have those things, but they aren't available or really necessary. I have mine aligned at a local repair shop, the guys in there are actually truck guys who modify their own rides so they know what they're doing in situations that aren't factory/normal.

I got some cam bolts. Picked them up at the local O'reilly. They helped out, but I still have a pretty significant toe-in on the passenger side. Any advice?? T

Should I install camber bolts on the top and bottom strut mounts, or just the top? I installed on the top because they didn't seem to make a difference on the bottom,

Camber bolts are for your camber adjustment... if you have toe issue, then you must have had them before the lift... how's your tie-rod ends ??

usually the camber bolt is placed at the bottom in order to push out the bottom of strut to bring back the camber specs.... you can also, use a second set on top to bring the strut in when 1 set is not enough...

These are the camber bolts I used...

And after a bit more research I realized I'm using the term "toe-in" incorrectly.

What I'm actually trying to say is that I have some serious (positive camber) on the passenger side and only slight positive camber on the driver side. I also installed the 14mm camber bolts on the uppermost mounting holes on the struts. Am I reading it correctly that they actually go into the lower most mounting holes?

20170813_150717_zps4jksg3jc.jpg

You might try another image hosting site. Photobucket has been attempting to make people pay for the same service we used to get for free.

And yes they are telling you to put them in the bottom holes. But fleurys mentioned if you still don't have enough adjustment you can put a second set in the top side to give you a little more movement.

And definitely take it to a shop other than Sears/Wal-Mart etc. Go to a reputable shop in your area that does alignments and they should be able to align it correctly. Just be sure they know you have camber bolts in there when they start.

• Like 1

Yeah, Photobucket used to be decent, like, five years ago. Then they went to crap. Then they wanted $400/year for that same crap. There are other hosts around that aren't crap. I need to set up an account with one of them one of these days.

The placement does not really matters, as long as you place them at the same place on both sides... You see you can decide to either to push out the bottom part of the strut, or to pull in the top part... same results, different method.

Now you having different camber on each sides, brings me to doubt the installation and rotation of the top plates... did you install the spacers yourself ? Did you follow the instruction on my video/website ? If you do not clock the spring with the top plate properly, the camber can be all screwed up....

either that or you have a bent control arm....

S.

I installed them myself. I installed brand new struts, springs, lower control arms, and ball joints all at the same time. As far as I know everything is spot-on. I'm gonna pick her up again and add the second set of camber bolts and double double check everything again. I know the lift works because hundreds of folks have it. I'll see about getting another image hosting site and if possible, post some pics... Thank you all for helping me with information. I know us newbs can be pretty annoying and I apologise for that.