ARB Sahara Winch bumper PN: 3938020

Hey guys,

I am building an expedition pathy for a 22,000 miles trip across America and canada with our offroad trailer next year. I have a lot of parts on the wish list but most importantly is a winch bumper and winch. I want to install the ARB Sahara bumper PN: 3938020 but have been told by rocky road outfitters and several other distributers that this bumper will only fit 2000-2002 R50 Pathfinders which seems rediculous as I thought 2000-2004 R50s where identical minus a few cosmetic things?? I have found pictures and even mention of people installing this bumper on various R50s (pic below) but no one seems to know for sure. The distributer will sell me the bumper but it will be a non returnable/refundable one time sale as he can't guarantee it will fit. Does anyone have any input at all as to the differences between an 02 and 04 pathy or has anyone installed this bumper on any R50 before?

Cheers,

Josh Raveb22b847375dd0d2e6e022b8ccc2b2bd5.jpg

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

What year is yours dude? I always see them mounted on 02-04 pathys, the post facelift ones, the pre facelift ones have different fenders for the headlights but I would think the mounting points are the same. Honestly though I wouldn't pay for an ARB, a local shop can custom make one for less, at least here in the states but if you're in Australia they might be cheaper. They're like 1200 USD here.

• Like 2

More like $1,400 but it can be a little difficult to find a fabrication shop to do it. I'm trying to avoid the Sahara Bar & not making great traction finding a fabricator to modify a Jeep WJ for me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have this installed on my 2004 and have had no problems at all and everything worked perfectly. I just relocated the Washer Fluid Reservoir and everything was good.

Where & how did you relocate the reservoir? I need to do this. ExBrit used a generic radiator overflow but I'm not quite sure where he put it. I smashed my OEM bumper & broke the washer fluid reservoir anyway & I need to relocate it for a WJ bumper.

Where & how did you relocate the reservoir? I need to do this. ExBrit used a generic radiator overflow but I'm not quite sure where he put it. I smashed my OEM bumper & broke the washer fluid reservoir anyway & I need to relocate it for a WJ bumper.

I don't really know how to explain it but I just did this it's not totally relocating it so that may not be as much help for you.

Tristan, your link didn't show the windshield washer fluid reservoir. I thought one advantage of the Sahara Bar was that the air intake resonators & windshield washer reservoir DIDN'T need to be relocated?

Brian, Thanks for the reservoir link. I think I'll use that one as well! Let me know when you get your font bumper done. I think I would really like to copy you!!

I am putting off the front bumper, might mount a winch for the winter and I am just finishing up the rear I opted for replacing with stock and finding a stock hitch and using a hitchgate for tire carrier.

Hey kids, I've got an ARB Sahara bull bar on my '01. Got it used(CL-$700), about 6-7 y/a w/no instructions and I did NOT have to relocate ANYTHING. I DID remove the lower plastic inner fenders as one was toasted(from a trifecta of low speed rearenders I'm not too proud of) & I haven't bothered to trim them and reinstall. It bolted right up, no probs whatsoever-did it by myself too.

BTW, tristin1035, thx for the pdf of the instruction sheet.

• Like 2

Aargh!!! When I get time, I'll go over to Das Mule & see if they can do the fab work I need to attach a WJ bumper for me. Once that's done, I'll start rolling on the suspension & other stuff.

The stock hitch is a good one. I choose it over other aftermarkets because it has those two additional long arms that reach farther up the frame. Plus it has the nice step. I put mine on & wired the harness about 15 years ago but I recall it being a pretty straight forward one man job.

Really looking forward to the suspension. I was camping with my son last Friday/Sat up near Salmon La Sac & ran into the Overland Bound Crew. They did the trail up to Gallagher Lake but I didn't join as I didn't think my saggy old suspension would be able to do it.

To clean my windshield from the incredible amount of dust I would have to get out & spray it with a Camelback bottle with a jet valve-really need to do that washer fluid reservoir!

Triple XXX Burger-often eat there with the kids after a hike. Tough for me not to go to Stan's KC BBQ though as I'm originally from outside Kansas City & almost all the BBQ here in the PNW is sweet Southern stuff. Stan's is pretty legit KC fare.

• 3 months later...

Hi Everyone,

I am wanting to put a steel bumper on my 2002 QX4. The only thing I have found is the ARB Sahara Bar 3938020. I am trying to find out if it will bolt up without modifying it. Does anyone know?