Exhaust Ideas

Gspeed151

I have finally settled with the insurance company after being rear ended and I am now starting to source my parts for my next projects on the QX4 build.

I know I need a new exhaust the old one was pushed up and is now leaking at the flex piping before the center muffler, the muffler and rear resonator are about due to be replaced anyways. I am trying to keep this part of the build budget friendly I see that I can piece a bolt on kit together from RockAuto fairly cheaply. I love a big exhaust but I have yet to hear a VG33 that sounds good with a muffler in my opinion.

So is upgrading the muffler worth while or bolting on a stock system and just deleting the rear resonator a better way to go? If anybody has some personal experiences and/r suggestions.

Well, oh, welcome btw, depending on the extent of the exhaust system damage, you could simply go to a muffler shop and get them to replace the pipe/resonator section w/a piece of pipe right to the bumper-simple & cheap and then you will know what it sounds like w/just the muffler. That way you should have a few extra $$ for list of other things you're going to want to do. My 2cw.

DeltaR50 has a 3.3 that sounds great. Not sure what his setup is but I think he posted a video somewhere. The VG series motors breathe well. When my exhaust rusted out I went with larger pipe from the cats back and love the tone,. Removed the factory muffler and resonator setup. The stock gear was pretty heavy too.

I am looking at a Magnaflow, anybody have a part# that they are happy with? I am going to get a quote on how much to replace the piping from the cats and larger to the muffler then just straight out the back, didn't want to go down this road but after taking a look I might as well go all out.

I'll be interested to hear who you use & how much for my future reference. It sure is handy having another R50 who is local!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey guys, I'm looking at a magnaflow for my 2002 R50 LE as well. I have a flowmaster 50 series Delta right now. Cats back straight to the muffler In place of the large stock muffler and then straight out the back. it sounds pretty good but was looking for a deeper sound hence the wish to switch up to a magnaflow. Let me know what you guys decide to do and maybe we can swap sounds videos or something.

JR

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk