I've got a P0021 OBD Trouble Code HELP

PatDes

Driving home after a bad few days and my 04 R50 start acting up! No top end power at all! I pull over and I can feel the engine is a little off balance. I ran the codes and I got a (cam shaft position over advanced) code. Could this be a sensor or did my timing belt skip?

Sent from my SM-G870W using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Little late in this one but it's very likely a bad cam sensor. We get those a lot on nissans in the shop, it seems to be a relatively common issue, especially in R51s. Do the sensors first, they're pretty easy.

Driving home after a bad few days and my 04 R50 start acting up! No top end power at all! I pull over and I can feel the engine is a little off balance. I ran the codes and I got a (cam shaft position over advanced) code. Could this be a sensor or did my timing belt skip?

Sent from my SM-G870W using Tapatalk

The R50's are bad about camshaft sensors going out. Check under the distributor cap for metal shavings from the bearing going out. You can just replace the camshaft sensor if that's the problem. The easier route is to buy a genuine Nissan distributor or get one from a junk yard Pull a Part place. DO NOT BUY AN AFTER MARKET DISTRIBUTORS. WILL NOT WORK! Had to replace mine and found out the hard way. Wire may have come loos on the inside also causing the problem code.

Sent from my SM-G530T using Tapatalk

• 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...