2003 Le auto 4x4 model vibration

Kyle94

I read through a hand ful of topics here and nico club. I just bought this and it has two issues. Fuel gauge is inaccurate (half is empty) as well as it has a vibration when taking off until like second gear. And then from about 45-70mph the chassis shakes. Like I can feel it through my feel and body. Steering wheel not so much. I never found a solid what was wrong. :/ after 75+it smooths out. But you can kind of "hear" it.

I had an awful vibration when the u-joints on the rear driveshaft were misaligned. At its worst, it produced a very audible rumble, as if you were driving constantly on the rumble strips along the highway.

Usually, if you feel it in the steering wheel, then it's up front. Feel it in the seat, it's from the back.

The fact that it does it from take off would make me agree with Hawairish, u-joint problem. If you have limited slip there is always the possibility of a shudder from the clutch packs. Then of course it could always be a bent rim or out of balance wheel, but those don't generally cause problems from a start, just at speed.

• Like 1

I got under the rig with no pressure on the drive shaft. Couldn't get any play out of it. I'm not ruling it out. Also still gotta get the time to get the front End off the ground and check front end parts. It's weird. I doubt the take off vibration is related to the vibration at 40+ but I could be wrong. If almost feels like a bad cv. But the boots and cv shafts look perfect.