Who all has removed rear bumper?

NovaPath

Just did this tonight. Holy departure angle improvement! If your rig is mainly a wheeling rig, and you don't care if it looks "proper" remove the rear bumper and the bumper support. Massive departure angle improvement.... at least a 4" clearance addition in the rear...

Edited by NovaPath

I would, but I have a trailer hitch that I regularly need. :/ I can tell it would be helpful though, because my rear bumper is really scuffed, even up the sides from slipping off rocks a couple times. Hope to resolve this issue with a metal one someday that I can just smash into stuff, lol. BTW... :thisthreadisworthless: Just sayin'! :laugh:

• Like 2

I would, but I have a trailer hitch that I regularly need. :/ I can tell it would be helpful though, because my rear bumper is really scuffed, even up the sides from slipping off rocks a couple times. Hope to resolve this issue with a metal one someday that I can just smash into stuff, lol. BTW... :thisthreadisworthless: Just sayin'! :laugh:

I hear ya....Pictures are just such a pain though, I have to upload them to my proxy, then they turn out sideways, then everyone asks why they are sideways...ugh. I'll post pictures under the Npora facebook page...that is easy. lol.

• Like 2

Facebook is the 😈.

:ohno01: How could you?!?

Just kidding, I'm not a fan either. I always miss stuff I want to see (not to mention other issues not to be discussed here, lol). Much prefer the forum, but truthfully it is way easier to post images to Facebook plus the community is way more active on there.

• Like 1

Ha, I've almost 'removed' it twice from snagging on obstacles when wheeling. It's the parts along the sides...they just hang too low. On the plus side, I've been able to repair the damages (except for a hole in the bumper) with little effort. Removing it wouldn't improve my departure angle though because of the hitch.

Mine is gone, along with the hitch and the spare tire + mechanism. I chopped up the factory hitch and adapted the mounts from it for the new bumper, and the rest is just some square tubing basically.

3D6q56gh.jpg

The departure angle gain is huge, I have no regrets so far.

• Like 2

I was able to remove my bumper and then modify my hitch receiver so that it wouldn't hang so low. Gained about a foot of clearance from it. I may make a small tubular bumper to cover it up.

• Like 1

I was able to remove my bumper and then modify my hitch receiver so that it wouldn't hang so low. Gained about a foot of clearance from it. I may make a small tubular bumper to cover it up.

That sounds interesting. Pics of the hitch modification?

That sounds interesting. Pics of the hitch modification?

Agreed. I need my hitch, but it definitely cramps the rear departure angle. Can you just flip it upside down? Mounting holes symmetrical?