'02 Driver's window motor interchangeability

Bunchie

Privous owner said drivers window stopped working. Fine. Pulled it all apart and have determined the motor is toast. Though a '99 one would work, NO. All Very different. Does anyone know what other years will work on the '02. Id rather locally source one if possible. Thx

Hey 01,thx for directional insight btw. it seems that the compatibility run is from '00 to '04. The part # 821365(Rockauto) for a "new" Cardone Select unit at $76.62CAN or I can get a A1 Select(#471365) reman for $69.93 plus $59.61 core charge???? I don't quite understand how that works or the difference in quality..can you send ur old one to them to save the $59. core charge? is the reman an OEM, just refurbished (new brushes, cleaning & grease)? And the "new" one, someone else's take the the OEM part. Do you know? Rockauto doesn't explain that "core" charge anywhere i can see. Vagueness abounds-lol.

Checked out ebay and the prices are all over the map...for instance I can get a complete motor & track assy for slightly less than a motor/drive itself. TOO MANY CHOICES!!!!! All I want is the freakin window to go up & down...sigh.

Bunchie.

The core charge is a fee you pay up front that is refunded when you send them your old part back.

I don't like messing with core charges unless I'm doing business with a store in town. I have taken more expensive parts and parts with small core charges from rock auto just so i wouldn't have to send them something back. Once you receive the new part you can get instructions on where to send the core. Then you ship it and give them tracking info.

The remans are an old shell that's been cleaned up and had new guts put into it. The new ones are just that new.

Remus, thx for the clarity on this as I've never purchased anything from RA or much of anything else online for that matter and rather just ask a Q if I'm not sure.

Going to check w/my parts dood and see what sort of pricepoint he can get me and try to keep it local.

Learned a long time ago, those who think they know everything are overcompensating for something and will be made to look the fool, sooner or later.

No problem!

I probably order way too much from rockauto... But considering the savings from replacing my shocks and struts through them vs buying from oreillys... And other projects.

It's usually the first place i look.

Exactly! The only thing i know for sure is that i don't know much!

I also have to consider the charge(s) at the border once I bring it across from my mailbox in Blaine. That and my ****** Can $. It kinda sux working on 2 PF's that need a lot of new parts at this point in their lives-lol.