My build/adventure thread

14 hours ago, TowndawgR50 said:

Nice photos! Looks like a blast! Im really digging the geology you guys have over there. Kind of reminiscent of the High Sierras. I gotta get up there soon! 

In this one pic it looks like you might be bottoming out on your driver side shock. Hard to tell but you might want to get extended bumpstops to save your shocks from damage due to over-compression. 

Yeah there are so many different landscapes out here just by driving a little bit, its awesome.

And yeah I'll probably do it sometime soon here, I think having longer ones (mounted to the body instead of the axle) would help keep the spring from totally falling out too haha

The fact that that a piece of that driver side bump actually broke off, making it shorter, may have something to do with it. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Little update since I haven’t been on here in forever. The very next weekend after wheeling with Tyler I went and hydrolocked my car because I never got around to relocating the inlet hole of the air box after my plastic wheel well liners got ripped out

974e933c8f7502a66ef3c256282a9516.jpg

Got flat towed home and realized I must have broken an axle too because my front end would hop all over if I was in 4wd. Also lost all my power steering fluid and ripped all 4 cv axle boots and both rack and pinion boots.

I got it running again a couple days later and pulled it back into the driveway (pics for comparison of how much taller it is than stock)

5c929c48f3251f670316346bd097b3c8.jpg

It drives fine at 25 around town (parking lots suck without power steering) but it needs a lot before it’s gonna do anything besides drive around town.

Both of my rocker panels are super smashed and have large rust holes in them so I’ve been thinking about cutting them out and welding in a piece of 2x5 square tubing that will double as rockers and sliders.

Also if anyone wants to buy the tan one let me know

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 5

5fd18f2d687d23b03c4032f12ff48d60.jpg

Here’s a pic of the tan one from camping last weekend. I’ve got lots of Subaru pictures though if you guys wanna see those

• Like 3

Little update since I haven’t been on here in forever. The very next weekend after wheeling with Tyler I went and hydrolocked my car because I never got around to relocating the inlet hole of the air box after my plastic wheel well liners got ripped out

Got flat towed home and realized I must have broken an axle too because my front end would hop all over if I was in 4wd. Also lost all my power steering fluid and ripped all 4 cv axle boots and both rack and pinion boots.

Sorry to hear all that Micah!

• 1 month later...

edcd31f03d37f2c7e9726f8ddee2fc8e.jpg
a0fd695871a54e6e5c1e685e2c483d6a.jpg
ec2c16fa638043a912ea7b2274e44806.jpg
6e45a04b7b79763a715c0bbcff5a9333.jpg
f25361285881e0a9af86883d854f27d0.jpg

And of course had to take some post-200k pictures. Hitting 200,000 miles in hyalite canyon is definitely something I’m never going to forget. Such an awesome spot for it to happen

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, XPLORx4 said:

I take it that your sorted out your engine and front axle issues, huh? How did that go?

I got it running like 2 days after, but the font end issues I haven't actually, I've just been driving it slowly haha. It's actually going into the shop today!

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 1/27/2018 at 7:12 PM, micahfelker said:

dcf336340830be42a64cca20caa4f0eb.jpg

Today was a very successful day and I finally got something done on the pathy for the first time in awhile. Rear lift springs!! After a few failed attempts at getting my hands on a set of rear springs for my rig and way too long of driving around with the front higher than the back, I decided to try out some Land Rover springs which is the new thing to do I guess. I think I'm the first one on here to try the 9447's but I could be wrong. They fit right in and were super easy to get on. Huge huge thanks to Kyle for helping me out with the install. I didn't take measurements before, but it looks like they gave me close to 4" of lift from where it sat before with 20+ year old springs and shocks, and I'm so stoked with how it sits not.

cd212ba70f4854a5665b44e47d2429f9.jpg

f039918ee29d0f0ece96511b66ad1804.jpg

8f24e3cd554f8c541d3831099633161c.jpg

34a879e5e37c1ef55dd51337a7d199b2.jpg

3159be885240b349dc71c6b342bca6bc.jpg

It was a very wet, rainy install but it was one of the best days I've had in awhile and was totally worth it. Thanks again Kyle for all the help and letting me use your tools, you're the best man.

Do you have any pics of your strut clearance with the 4" backspace wheels?

Edited by JBGEARHEAD91

• 2 weeks later...

Great Pictures Micah. I love wheeling in the mountains of NW MT. But, do not miss the snow. Plan to be home to Ronan mid April. Although, not for long as we will be off to Australia and New Zealand most of June. Will be bringing my ‘00 Pathfinder home from NM for more upgrades during the summer months. Keep posting pictures. MTG

Edited by MTGunner