Oil Pressure/Volt gauges

I want to put in a oil pressure and volt gauge in my 3.3. Has anyone done this before? I was thinking about mounting a pod somewhere.

Volt gauge should be simple. Oil pressure might be a little trickier since I'm not quite sure what signal the oil pressure sending unit puts out... It might be binary, saying there either is enough pressure or not enough. Regardless, I want to see if anyone else has done them, cause a voltage meter would be useful.

• Like 2

I installed a dual USB charging pod that has a voltmeter reading in the middle of it. Have no clue about the oil pressure gauge.e0064b6ecd800c70f860429644c16328.jpg

Sent from my SM-G530T using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I wonder if any of the bluetooth obd2 scanners will display oil pressure... I've heard a tale of transmission temperature and lots of other readouts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not on a 97', maybe on later models.

I'm getting one of them wifi/bluetooth OBDII scanners tomorrow so I'll report back on what that can read out.

Mrelcocko, what's that switch that has the 1 2 3? Is it a light dimmer?

It's for HID headlights. It's just a dumby switch to fill space in my Pathy. I know they have the black inserts to fill space but I put L.E.D's in the switches so they look fuctional. Plus it confuses people.

• Like 1

Oh nice, well I'm definitely going to keep my eye out for one. It'd be perfect for a light dimming circuit for the bush bar.

Yes it would.