94 LBYD21 headlamp relay location

Hey guys anyone done any installs on their spotlamps or other accessory lights? having trouble finding the high beam or headlamp relays for getting a power source or even just a signal/switching point so my lights turn off with high beams. Any info would be very helpfull - cheers!

There's actually just a fuse for the headlamps located in the engine compartment.

Here are the Headlight and Tail light wiring diagrams...

5msjSo3.jpg

jsnWJnY.jpg

I haven't found a relay for the lamps anywhere on any of the diagrams. I just had to troubleshoot the headlamps on my wife's 93 Pathy last week, and everything ran straight from the switch through the lamps. I thought it was weird that I couldn't find a relay for them.

I'll continue looking as well...

Hope this helps!

~Hans

• Like 1

If you want to tap into them to switch accessory lights, you can tap into the wiring where it meets the switch (under the clamshell on the steering column). That's what I did. I've got mine rigged up so that one set of headlight contacts (the switch actually has separate high/low contacts for each side) goes to my homebrew headlight relay harness, and the other set goes to the switches and relays for my fog and driving lights.

If you're looking for a power feed, just run a fused line off battery +, the tiny little wires going to the headlights are only marginally good enough for what they're already doing. And use a proper blade fuse holder, I've melted two of the plastic ones with the glass fuses.

If you want to tap into them to switch accessory lights, you can tap into the wiring where it meets the switch (under the clamshell on the steering column). That's what I did. I've got mine rigged up so that one set of headlight contacts (the switch actually has separate high/low contacts for each side) goes to my homebrew headlight relay harness, and the other set goes to the switches and relays for my fog and driving lights.

If you're looking for a power feed, just run a fused line off battery +, the tiny little wires going to the headlights are only marginally good enough for what they're already doing. And use a proper blade fuse holder, I've melted two of the plastic ones with the glass fuses.

That's funny, same happened to me. One was good for years, the other lasted only a few months. I assume it has to do with my driving habits at the time. More day or night driving.

I suspect it's mostly corrosion or dirt that does them in. There's such a small point of contact between the terminal ends and the fuse that it wouldn't take much crud in between to start turning amps into heat. Whatever the cause, losing my headlights while driving home late was enough to make me swear off the buggers for good!