Brake Cable

• 8 months later...

The illustrations in the part manual don't really show the difference, but the part numbers are different. Here's what they look like. Notice the end (top of pic) where they mount to the wheel.

j7PI5RK.jpg

Yeah, those are literally the exact same cables on all three of my Pathfinders with Rear Brake Drums. Just verified it.

If you're unable to find a replacement cable, I'll be doing a JY run next week and I can look for a serviceable set.

• 9 months later...

Source for parking brake cables for 4 wheel disc.  I believe this has been posted before, but this seller on ebay has the cables listed for the Terrano, which is essentially a Pathfinder.  He includes an illustration to pick the set you need.  Item 2 is the cable set for the 4 wheel disc. 

https://www.ebay.com/str/LOKALIZOWANIE?_trksid=p2047675.l2563

Tq9UIfd.png

• Like 1

Hey,

alsoafaik the Pathfinder and Terrano def. use the same cables as long as they're drum brakes. Lengths differ on each side. Kind of impossible to find them new in Europe for a reasonable price, just recently had to order one from US - https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/nissan,1995,pathfinder,3.0l+v6,1211993,brake+&+wheel+hub,parking+brake+cable,1696

I just went through this. The drivers side and passenger side are different. And it's almost impossible to find them for a car with rear disks. However, you can still by them new from a company inEurope, I think it was euro4x4 or so.ething? If you Google the part number enough you will find it. Make sure to call the dealer and get the correct part number by using your vin. 

I confirmed it´s http://www.euro4x4parts.com , but all brake cables are more expensive than on www.rockauto.com, which is based in US. It appears to me that all vendors in Europe are actually ordering their parts from US, because the price difference is always in the range of shipping and customs fees that apply to US. If you´re based in Europe, it´s still cheaper to order from US directly, because you´d be charged for shipping twice when ordering from EU.

Brake cable came in and they are an exact match.  Crawled under the truck and measured the cables, same length.   This thread was all over the place, so to sum things up for someone perusing this thread:

Rear DISC and Rear DRUM are different part numbers.  36530-42G16, 36531-42G16  are the OEM part numbers for the REAR DISC Pathfinders (see post 16,18).  I think the 36530-42G15, 36531-42G15 are the Terrano part numbers.    New cables are hard to come by these days and Rockauto, among others, only carry the cables for the rear DRUMS.   Post 20 illustrates the differences, so make sure you specify the cables you are ordering for the Terrano if ordering from overseas vendor.  Paid $89 delivered for the set.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1