Looking for new tires

hailo123

Hey guys! I need some new tires for my 95 pathy. I recently got it, and there's a ton of work to do to "revive" it, and after getting the brakes and other stuff done, it's down to the tires. And since I know almost nothing about them, I asked a friend of mine, who directed me to holmesTire, but, to be honest, the website doesn't seem trustworthy and I don't want to waste my money. That's why I came to you guys. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

P.S.: I want these tires to be great for off-road.

Edited by hailo123

I had 33x12.5 bfg at's 17 years ago on a 79 f150. It was my first vehicle in highschool. I was not impressed with the tires. The treads didn't self clean well enough to keep traction.

I am sure that BFG has made many improvements over the years and they are probably much better now, but I will never run them for a off road rig again.

There's some real good ones out there, I have the General's on mine, but the BFG A/T (T/A KO) are very well regarded for off-road. Can't go wrong there.

Thank you for the suggestion! I'll check them out and I'll come back after I've made a decision :)

What size are you looking at getting? I've always leaned towards pro comps all terrain and I've also owned cooper discover st I really liked

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not entirely sure. I will check out your guys' suggestions and I'll come back after I've made a decision! :)

I had 33x12.5 bfg at's 17 years ago on a 79 f150. It was my first vehicle in highschool. I was not impressed with the tires. The treads didn't self clean well enough to keep traction.

I am sure that BFG has made many improvements over the years and they are probably much better now, but I will never run them for a off road rig again.

Thank you for the reply, it's greatly appreciated! I'll come back and update this thread after I've made a decision! =)

I run the Cooper Discoverer ST MAXX and love them. Look good on the rig and haven't gotten stuck with them yet. Good all terrain tire that is studdable for the winter.

What do you plan on doing with the truck? These examples are just to give you an idea of what tread is good for what. City driving only with some dusty backroads? Check out the Michelin Defender. Gonna do some light to medium trails, possibly some snow? Check out the BFG All Terrain. Want to get in to something sloppier than that and still keep up with people going down those nasty rutted trails, you'll need the BFG Mud Terrain.

Highway tires suck in dirt and deep trail snow.

All Terrains are in good in snow, suck in mud.

Mud Terrains are not that good in snow, but awesome in mud.

My 33x10.50 BFG MT KM2's are about eight years old and I've put close to 60k on them with countless hard wheeling trips. I'd still head out right now no problem, but I will likely need to replace them in the next year.

I run the Cooper Discoverer ST MAXX and love them. Look good on the rig and haven't gotten stuck with them yet. Good all terrain tire that is studdable for the winter.

Thank you for the reply, I will definitely take a look at those tires!

What do you plan on doing with the truck? These examples are just to give you an idea of what tread is good for what. City driving only with some dusty backroads? Check out the Michelin Defender. Gonna do some light to medium trails, possibly some snow? Check out the BFG All Terrain. Want to get in to something sloppier than that and still keep up with people going down those nasty rutted trails, you'll need the BFG Mud Terrain.

Highway tires suck in dirt and deep trail snow.

All Terrains are in good in snow, suck in mud.

Mud Terrains are not that good in snow, but awesome in mud.

My 33x10.50 BFG MT KM2's are about eight years old and I've put close to 60k on them with countless hard wheeling trips. I'd still head out right now no problem, but I will likely need to replace them in the next year.

I think mud terrains is what I'm looking for. Thank you for the help!

I have been looking at the general grabber X3, but my pathy is not a DD.

I will take a look at them, thanks for the reply!

Ok guys, I have come to a conclusion: BFG Mud Terrains. I hope this is the right choice for me! Thanks to everyone for their help, I really appreciate it!