Different side mirrors

Citron

I go down a lot of abandoned trails, so I end up backing out until I can turn around. The rear window is partially blocked by the tire, and the side mirrors are so small they are almost useless.

Are there any mirrors that anyone knows of that will bolt on and look stock. Do d21 have larger side mirrors?

Huh. I've always thought my rig's backing visibility wasn't too bad. Then again, I learned to drive in a CRV, so maybe my standards just started low.

The D21 power mirrors look like they're the same as the Pathy ones, but the manual mirrors are a different style. I doubt the glass is any bigger but the brackets look like you could bodge bigger mirrors (from another make/model or generic) onto them more easily and cleanly than you could modify the cast alloy chunks the power mirrors mount with.

I have occasionally considered a backup camera for dealing with trailers. That might be your best bet, if you can find a good place for the screen.

And on the off chance you were considering the cheap fisheye stick-ons, don't. I tried one once (off a parts car so luckily I didn't pay anything for it) and actually pulled over to remove the thing. It took up a surprising amount of the mirror and caught glare like crazy.

I have become so used to the giant mirrors on my truck that the pathy ones seem like a handicap, especially when I have to back a half mile out of a trail. I hoped that the d21 or d22 had bigger mirrors that might bolt right on. Looks like I will need to do some research.

i like the idea of different mirrors too, considering mine are both cracked. I looked into swapping mine with some wrangler mirrors this morning ill get some measurements this evening when i get off ,but wont know for sure if it will work til i get home.

I'm pretty sure that the mirrors between the D21 and WD21 are the same, if not the same/similar dimensions. My wife has had the new vehicles and they all have larger mirrors that seem to be positioned higher which create, IMHO, HUGE blind spots in front of you, that the Pathfinder never has. I would rather sacrifice poorer visibility behind me than in front of me. I find myself moving my body around trying to see around the mirrors because I can't see what's behind them. Newer is not always better.

(W)D21 have the same mirrors. The manual mirrors look like they might possibly have a larger viewing angle but I never bothered; WD21 mirrors are optionally heated, I love mine. Never had an issue with rearward viability but if I did I would consider getting a backup camera before deciding to hack some other OEM mirror on to the side of my truck.

Yeah I hear that. My mirrors aren't heated, but they are power. I think the main issue is I am comparing it to the Titan, which has large split mirrors, so almost no blind spots backing up.

I turn around and back out of some tight spots on trails, so the backup camera might be the best option. I will need to price that out and see if it makes sense. I have backed out of a trail for half a mile, and that long the mirrors/ turning my head was a pain.