Biggest tires without a lift?

shawngs

Hi all, I know you are experts and I am but a lowly noob. I have a 2002 Nissan Pathfinder LE and need to replace the tires. What are the biggest size tires that I can put on it without significant rubbing and without having to have it lifted?

31" just a guess but you may need some wheel spacers... I got all 4 spacers for $100 on eBay... 6x5.5 lug pattern and I got mine in 2"

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk

You should be able to fit 31's. Might have slight rubbing depending on the condition of your suspension. You should not need spacers for anything 31" or less, but you might depending on, again, the condition of your suspension and if the tires rub the inner fender lining.

Hey everyone, thank you so much for your input! I just realized I didn't mention the size of the tires that are on there now. They are the same as the ones that originally came with the vehicle when it was purchased new from the dealership in 2002. I don't know what all of the numbers mean but they are: R601 245/65R17 111H XL.

• Like 1

Put your finger between the strut and the back of the tire. My tires on Sig leave me barely enough room to get my hand in with spacers.

If you go with spacers good luck finding hubcentric for a Pathy under $350

It's the same as Chevies and Yotas. ( I run Chevy lug centric spacers)

Edited by LittleFR

I put 31x10.50s on my stock sagging suspension but I mounted them on wheels with a 3.75 backspace. There was minimal rubbing on the plastic splash guards and I could live with that. There is no rubbing after the lift. There is a little tire poking out of the fender well but some Pacer fender flares covered that.

• 3 weeks later...

I think biggest tires with everything stock - Suspension, bumpers, and lift are:

265/70R15

265/70R16

265/70R17

Depending how big your rims are. Considering everything is stock, it might be a stock 15x7 Alloy rim.

You can get bigger, but you need lift spacers and others.

Cheers

Not sure why everyone thinks 31's are the biggest that will clear stock. I fit 32's (265/75r16) with no lift and no rubbing, and I did the same amount of trimming that's common for 31's. I had pretty blown struts too. I can send pictures of how they fit if you want.

Not sure why everyone thinks 31's are the biggest that will clear stock. I fit 32's (265/75r16) with no lift and no rubbing, and I did the same amount of trimming that's common for 31's. I had pretty blown struts too. I can send pictures of how they fit if you want.

96-99 (pre-facelift) are typically able to fit larger tires easier than 99.5-04 (facelift) due to different flares and bumpers. Cleared 31's with a little room to spare on my 96, had to do medium-duty springs (~3/4" lift) to clear 265/70/16 (metric 31's) on my 01.

96-99 (pre-facelift) are typically able to fit larger tires easier than 99.5-04 (facelift) due to different flares and bumpers. Cleared 31's with a little room to spare on my 96, had to do medium-duty springs (~3/4" lift) to clear 265/70/16 (metric 31's) on my 01.

Ah okay that makes a lot of sense. I did still have my fender flares on but I had to take off the front mud flaps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk