Advice on Lift and Wheels/Tire

Hey guys I'm new to the forums and I have a 2002 LE. I'm looking into fluerys 2 in lift and I'm stuck on the wheel and tire combo I want. I've been looking into some 16x8 0 offset wheels and 255/70/16 all terrain tires. I just wanted some input on what you guys recommend. Thanks.

If I tell you nothing else, I will tell you this: Your choice of TIRES is of profound importance. Quality tires for our PF's will cost you around a Grand.

My story: Spent $170. a corner believing that I got me some decent skins. Truck loaded w/work stuff, I made a left turn around a negative camber corner at speed, in the rain, back tires hit the 2 ft wide painted crosswalk lines and just kept going...in the right direction with the wrong end of the truck. Spun it 180 degrees, hit the curb and did $1800 worth of damage to my rear suspension. My worn out Michelin's had more grip than these new P.O.S's!! Moral of this story: If you can afford $1800 in repairs, you can afford BETTER tires.

Pretty rims can wait, especially if you're on a budget.

Look for a quality used tire shop. I've got one close to me that buys wrecked sets of 3 and when he has a full set he sells them for about $100-$200 each. There was a $1500 set of 37's for $450 with at least 75% tread. You have to look but you can find good used tire shops.. be careful to look at all 4 tires if you find a good set. I found a couple sets that had 3 awesome tires and one typical used tire with 25% tread..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by onespiritbrain

I will chime in buy tires for what you will do and where you live. Pacific Northwest here so wet road performance matters, as well and being pretty rock proof when off road. Lot of guys buy what look cool on some guys truck in a whole different part of the world to find out they do not work where they are.

Also bigger and wider is heavier, more wear on truck parts and poorer gas mileage.

Read reviews lots and lots of reviews and talk to local guys who do the same sort of off roading, in similar vehicles as you do.

Then make your choice.

Alright so the advice on tires is pretty solid. Just one last thing, how do I go about choosing the right wheel size? I want to have some good fitment especially with the lift. Is my choice for 16x8 +0 good? Or should I look at different offsets?

Alright so the advice on tires is pretty solid. Just one last thing, how do I go about choosing the right wheel size? I want to have some good fitment especially with the lift. Is my choice for 16x8 +0 good? Or should I look at different offsets?

have a look here for some setups : http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/topic/19867-max-tire-size-vs-lift-kit-used-vs-custom-or-oe-wheels/

• Like 1

Wow that's actually the set up I'm looking at. It looks pretty nice, how does it sit with the fenders? Do the tires poke out a lot or is it flush with the fenders?