Have a cool idea for led lightbar placement

Backpacker

It will probably take some good modification, but if I can find one the correct size I'm going to try and fit some in the 3 front face hood vents on my 2 door. b8c91a9348f50bc7b60236acc69b357f.jpg As far as I can tell they are cosmetic vents made from plastic. Just gotta find some single row lights 1"x10" if they even exist. Clearance is tight in there, I'll have to cut some metal and make sure there is enough for shutting the hood without hitting the lights, or mount the lights into the hood itself. I think it would bad ass with 3 skinny lights like that above my existing HID's.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It will probably take some good modification, but if I can find one the correct size I'm going to try and fit some in the 3 front face hood vents on my 2 door. b8c91a9348f50bc7b60236acc69b357f.jpg As far as I can tell they are cosmetic vents made from plastic. Just gotta find some single row lights 1"x10" if they even exist. Clearance is tight in there, I'll have to cut some metal and make sure there is enough for shutting the hood without hitting the lights, or mount the lights into the hood itself. I think it would bad ass with 3 skinny lights like that above my existing HID's.

Here's what I did......4db71e1675e0b53ba0d64d33731183d0.jpg

Here's what I did......4db71e1675e0b53ba0d64d33731183d0.jpg

Nice! That looks awesome. I have a lot less room to work with. I was just looking at some lights, I might try and tear one apart to build a new housing for a good fit.

• Like 1

If I had a 2 door like yours I'd look for the OEM Targa band light bar. You might even be able to get it brand new by looking around. Its part number 999F3W7000.

https://www.factorynissanparts.com/parts/1988/Nissan/Pathfinder/SE/index.cfm?siteid=214081

With the targa bar you could put on a much larger LED bar. There are a quite a few members here that have them and I think they look amazing.

If I had a 2 door like yours I'd look for the OEM Targa band light bar. You might even be able to get it brand new by looking around. Its part number 999F3W7000.

https://www.factorynissanparts.com/parts/1988/Nissan/Pathfinder/SE/index.cfm?siteid=214081

With the targa bar you could put on a much larger LED bar. There are a quite a few members here that have them and I think they look amazing.

Just looked it up and that looks awesome.

the leds are bright but the daylighters reach out further same with the 57 series

Edited by vagabond

I thought about the hood vents when doing mine, but clearance was too tight for my liking. I ended up putting 2 6" Rigid industries flood lights in the holes on the bumper one both sides of the license plate. Fit perfect and mounting was easy. http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/topic/43027-february-2017-totm-winner/

Yeah, there's not much room behind those plastic bits, and IIRC the metal back there is formed to where you'd be doing a fair bit of surgery to open them up. That said, if you can find/make a panel that size, it could be an interesting setup. Turn them on, then open/close the hood to spot planes!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Yeah, there's not much room behind those plastic bits, and IIRC the metal back there is formed to where you'd be doing a fair bit of surgery to open them up. That said, if you can find/make a panel that size, it could be an interesting setup. Turn them on, then open/close the hood to spot planes!

Yeah it looks like I can do some cutting to make them fit. I think the end product would be worth it.

• 2 weeks later...

What size bar is that? I might have to steal your idea!

Pretty sure it is a 21inch curved. Great spot for it. Have now noticed a little overheating on hill climbs though.

Thanks rc, food for thought. I wouldn't be adding the additional 3 in the lower area and I don't climb any hills on the regular, just have to see if the temp climbs on the beach.

Hey boys, just trolling New Content and you gave me an idea...for you...aaand me. I have an aluminum backed, led strip, measures 7 -1/2 (say 8" for electrics) X a hair over 3/8". Dude at electronics shop 2/3 nuked it showing me how good they were. Its NOT marked for polarity-he f'd up and gave it to me nothin. It's only got 2-1/8" worth of 7-1/4" of leds & it hurts to look at NOW. And I only used a 9 volt batt-I think its 12 volt normal load. Here's the kicker, it's almost $50CAN a strip, BUT THE LIGHT IS SICK!! If those 3 plactic slot insets are over 8" long, then you should be golden for mounting them behind the plastic inserts. Already have it designed in my head-lol. A just think of the improved air flow, haha. Cheers, V