Transfer case

Berndude22

Hi all. New member here. Ill be posting in intro soon. Just need to get this sorted first. Have a question that i havent seen answered anywhere. Im trying to do the drain and refill on the T case. But ofcourse the fill plug doesnt want to budge. Im still trying with penetrating oil and breaker bar etc.

My question is. If i cant take it off can i use the vss hole to refill?? Seems like it should work just want to know if anyone has tried it.

I havent drained anything yet. Didnt want to do that till i found a alternate fill location.

Thanks for any speedy replies.

I have the breaker bar. Just got the truck about 3 weeks ago. Replaced the vss and very dark fluid came out. I can tell it wasnt well maintained at all. Broke two 3/8 adapters while trying to break it loose. So just letting it soak. But if i can fill it through the vss port then it will solve the fluid exchange problem for now.

Try tightening it first before you loosen. If you can get it to move at all, even the wrong direction, the movement will break it loose enough get it going in the right direction, sometimes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk