High Idle after TB cleaning

theexbrit

Hi all. I have a 1996 3.3 R50 that idled fine but was gutless up hills, under load, etc. I decided to do a throttle body clean & removed the hose from the air filter box to the throttle body. I found a fairly large hole in the bottom of the air intake tube just before the throttle body, this was obviously causing the lack of power as it meant the car was running very lean. I replaced the hose & cleaned the throttle body, now the car runs great & has plenty of power but it idles at about 1,400 rpm when warm. I (very carefully) cleaned the MAS, then disconnected the battery & reset the ECU so that it could "re learn" the air mixture, etc, but after nearly 600 miles it still idles high. Any ideas?

Make sure nothing is pressing against the throttle cable. I had mine incorrectly routed after my timing belt replacement and mine idled high, about 11-1200rpm. I'd grab a hold of the cable and gently wiggle it about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by onespiritbrain
  • Like 1

mine did the same thing, seems to depend on how dirty it was. There is an idle adjustment screw on the driver side toward the firewall on the intake manifold. Use a PHAT phillips screw driver so it dont strip its only plastic and kindof old. right or clockwise to lower idle.