Flew to California last week to buy my new Pathfinder 1992 SE & drive back to Colorado

Macrow

Just got back 2 days ago from my drive back home to Colorado from California. Flew out there to buy my new 1992 Pathfinder SE Auto 4x4 so thought that I would post up a couple pictures of her here & keep you posted on all the Installs I will be doing on her as well. She drove smooth as can be on the Journey home through hail storms, blizzards & crazy wind storms. Excited to finish with all the installs on her got done putting Warn Premium Manual Locking Hubs on her last night & lots more ahead to do.

00g0g_3c7KVywq7OM_600x450_zpsjpa9lwkj.jp

IMG_20170223_165452260_zpsomn3vqyc.jpg

00n0n_43WhaNQ3gTw_600x450_zpszkeztkvz.jp

IMG_20170223_165357894_zpsnjlwbnau.jpg

IMG_20170223_165336366_zpsqi2fwnpg.jpg

Edited by Macrow
  • Like 4

Looks nice especially for coming out of Colorado.

I have never used those bfg tires. I assume they did well in the snow?

I had the same bfg's on my 95 as well & they always treated me well. They do great in the snow & helped out on the drive from California to Colorado for sure.

Nice find..Very jealous.

I'm missing the same hub cap for my "lego" wheels on the right rear. though I'm running them on an R50. Probably the only one doing so. they just look cooler than a traditional 5 spoke. IMHO.

Nice truck, I did something similar when I was looking to replace my 89 in 2005, and although I wanted to drive it home, I shipped it instead. The first thing I did was rip those speaker boxes out...there's very little room back there to begin with.

Do you just run the middle seat waist strap for your kid's car seat? I do that for mine but it wiggles around a lot and makes me a little nervous.

The picture that had the car seat in were one of the pics taken from the old owner of the Pathfinder. So I can't answer this question you asked. My kids are a older 18, 6 7 so even the ones that still are required to be in a seat have a different type of seat then the one in the pic. I would imagine though there may be a little bit of wiggle from the car seat however unless it has a lot of wiggle going on with it I don't think it will be an issue & most car seats will have a tiny bit of wiggle from them but never anything bad. Sorry wasn't able to give you a good answer on this.

Nice truck, I did something similar when I was looking to replace my 89 in 2005, and although I wanted to drive it home, I shipped it instead. The first thing I did was rip those speaker boxes out...there's very little room back there to begin with.

There isn't much room at all in back that's for sure that was the nice thing with the two 95 Pathfinder's that I had was that the speakers were all up high & weren't on the floor like the 92 so is just a bit smaller with the back. I am going to be building an enclosed storage area in the back of mine that has a couple storage compartments & a pull out drawer in it also. with a cover on it that will match up with the dimensions for the back of the pathfinder. Will be keeping my tools that I always have in case i need them, survival things to last 3-5 days with emergency blanket, life straws, water, fire starter, junior machete, hand held radio, rope, food. few other things as well. Been wanting to do this so if someone were to look in the back it will just look like there isn't anything back there. I usually have a good amount of tools with me for work & when Wheeling so wanted to come up with a way to hide that stuff.

• Like 1

Nice find..Very jealous.

I'm missing the same hub cap for my "lego" wheels on the right rear. though I'm running them on an R50. Probably the only one doing so. they just look cooler than a traditional 5 spoke. IMHO.

I would agree that they do look better then the Traditional spoke. I removed all the rest of the hub caps the other day when I put on my Warn Manual Locking Hubs. It just didn't look right with the one that it was already missing on it & I didn't want to keep looking at it every time .I left to go somewhere. So for now until I find another one to take the missing ones place the are just going to all be off. Which I may just keep them like this since I honestly do like the way they look on her.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Very nice! Like the snorkel. Very clean. If I decide to look at another one in really good shape & low miles, I'll want to travel & drive it home.

Thank you, It was very nice to do just that even had to stop in a few place along the way back home to hit some trails. By the time I got back to Colorado from California I had already put little over 3,300 miles on her so & the route i was taking back to Colorado was bout 1,400 miles so got to put on bout 1,900 miles or so of trails & the trek to get to the trails with no problems at all. Had I not flown out with bunch of tools & extras just in-case something were to happen I wouldn't have done that but glad I did because it was awesome to hit some spots I have never been & may not see again in the other states,

• Like 2