Alignment gauge.

Citron

I just use a cheapo magnetic angle finder you can find at home depot for under 20 bucks for camber.

Actually that is a lie I just stand back about 20 feet and eyeball it and think about grabbing my angle finder and get a beer instead. :friday:

There are some really good videos on youtube doing an alignment using an angle finder and some string just search diy alignment.

• Like 1

Caster is hard to check by the DIYer. Camber and toe are fairly easy to eyeball.

Toe you can do at home, camber can be done too, you just need the shims. Personally, I'd find a good shop in town to do it.

You can get a pull in the steering if you don't compensate for the thrust angle of the rear end, the newer laser machines do that for you, so you'll end up with a good alignment if the tech is decent.

You may try asking some of the parts guys who seem to have a clue about who in town does good alignments. Local car clubs may have the scoop as well.

• Like 1

The shop I used before is two hours away now. I have been kicking around diy or take it in. Besides toe, I have only done alignments with the laser machines, but I haven't worked at a dealership for years so no longer have access to the equipment.

I will try to find a good local shop.