Code P0300 and P0325

Mrelcocko

Does anybody know if it's possible to get multiple misfire code P0300 because of a bad battery? I tested the battery and it says to replace it. It still starts the car just wondering if it's possible for it to cause a P0300 code because of a bad battery??

J.Cox from Lenoir City, TN

Other people can chime in. But i would not think so. It shouldn't trip that code unless it's getting inconsistent misfires in different cylinders. So it needs to run for a while. If it were to be an issue of insufficient voltage the alternator is in charge at the point where the code will trip. And you typically have a lot of other warning signs that the alternator is not providing enough volts.

So i don't think the battery is part of your 0300 code.

• Like 2

We are in the same boat.

Please let us know when you figure out the source of your misfires. I replaced plugs, wires, distributor cap, and rotor trying to get rid of mine. I can't tell mine is running rough at all. I can only tell when I take my foot off the brake and the vehicle begins to roll, and as it is rolling from the little bit of power the engine at idle gives to the wheels, I can feel it missing.

Maybe it's the whole distributor? I watched a thing about a Nissan Quest, which apparently has our same distributor, and the failing bearings inside were the cause of his troubles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I added some Lucas fuel injector cleaner and cleaned the points on the Distributor cap. Fired it up and still getting P0300 code, but the P0325 code is gone. Still a slight miss, but nothing like before. Prob need to get new distributor. We will see what happens in the next few days.

We are in the same boat.

Please let us know when you figure out the source of your misfires. I replaced plugs, wires, distributor cap, and rotor trying to get rid of mine. I can't tell mine is running rough at all. I can only tell when I take my foot off the brake and the vehicle begins to roll, and as it is rolling from the little bit of power the engine at idle gives to the wheels, I can feel it missing.

Maybe it's the whole distributor? I watched a thing about a Nissan Quest, which apparently has our same distributor, and the failing bearings inside were the cause of his troubles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Appreciate it.

Does anybody know if it's possible to get multiple misfire code P0300 because of a bad battery? I tested the battery and it says to replace it. It still starts the car just wondering if it's possible for it to cause a P0300 code because of a bad battery??

I picked up a 2001 LE about a week ago and when I started to drive it home I started having issues after a few miles. The ABS light came on, then the airbag light and finally the overdrive turned it's self off and then started blinking and I could hear some misfires. I thought I ended up with a lemon but what I ended up finding was the alternator was out and the previous owner had removed the battery bulb. As the charge on the battery dropped all the lights started coming on and I was getting misfires. After I charged the battery up all of it was back to normal with no codes until it was low on voltage again.

So don't discount the low battery as possibly part of the problem. Seems these trucks are sensitive to low battery voltage.

• 1 month later...

Still having some issues. Put a new distributor in and still having the random miss fire p0300 MIL code. Timing is off about 7 degrees. Can't turn distributor anymore to hit 10'degrees TDC. Is it possible the distributor is off a tooth?? And that's what's causing the miss it not being in PERFECT time. When the engine is cool like overnight or parked for a while. It runs great for the first 3 to 5 min. Then starts missing. Pulled plugs and their white. Running lean. HELP!!!

Sent from my SM-G530T using Tapatalk

I have but I can't turn the distributor any further due to the hold down bolt. Is the distributor installed wrong? I removed plug number one turned engine until I got it at TDC put my rotor facing plug number one but cannot get it in time because I can't turn the distributor anymore because of the bolt that holds the distributor in.

Sent from my SM-G530T using Tapatalk

I had the same issue. It was at the stop and couldn't reach timing. When I replaced the timing belt, I also replaced the valve cover gaskets. This required removing the distributor. I didn't pay close attention to where the rotor was pointing because I knew it needed to point at 1.

When going back together a few days later, it never lined up perfectly with 1, so I put the distributor in with the rotor a little after 1, and the timing marks were on the side of the crank pulley. I pulled the distributor and reinstalled so the rotor was a bit before 1, was able to set timing perfectly and it is in the middle of the adjustment range.

I suggest pulling the distributor. It sounds like you are a tooth off.